Alternatives to MAC MSFN?

mufey

Hi, just wondering if there are any good alternatives to MAC MSFN? I love everything about it but the colour always seems to oxidise slightly on me!
ssad.gif

I'm a MAC NC40/42 and I match MSFN in Medium Dark. The colour looks great at first but slowly turns darker as the day progresses. The only way I can get it to work at the moment is by using it over a foundation which is about half a shade lighter than my skin tone (MUFE F&B).

I love everything about MSFN apart from this problem; the big pan, the way you can swirl your kabuki in it, the light-medium coverage and the satin finish.

Anyone know of any alternatives to this stuff? Price is no problem.

euphrosyne_rose

I would look into Clinique. I can't remember the actual name of the product right off hand but I used it at one time and liked it alot. It's a powder foundation that comes in a compact with a sponge and it reminded me alot of the MSFN. The girl at the Clinique counter told me at the time that it was similar and it was a mineral formula. I never used the sponge it came with and used my kabuki but with the sponge in a separate compartment underneath it makes it a good item you could take around with you. HTH!!!

LMD84

this is a drugstore product but i love it! it's the l'oreal true match powder. it's light enough to set foundation but equally you can buff it in to use iwthout foundation to even your skin tone. i used to find that some powders and foundations turned orange on me throughout the day but this powder looks the same when i put it on to when i take it off at night. and it's reasonably priced too!

..kels*

Have you tried using MSFN in a lighter shade like Medium Plus? Hopefully that is an option because I've never personally found any other product with the same finish as MSFN.

HoneyDip

hey! as mentioned above I recommend Clinique too. I have their Almost Powder Make-up, which its a uber soft pressed mineral powder make-up (I'd say it has a little bit more coverage than MSFN). It never turns orange on me, I love it. I bought it in shade 04 (natural) the color in the pan looks quite dark, but don't let it fool you.. it goes on a lot lighter but it blends nicely if i apply it with a kabuki. Just make sure u don't use the sponge it comes with, its gonna make u look super cakey.
I'm an NC35 most of the year btw.. so i rec. checkin out the shade 05 medium
smiles.gif