Am I crazy or...

Holly

I got my eyebrows waxed not that long ago at a Spasation salon, and everytime she like pulled the wax strip off, and like blew into my eyebrows. Now am I crazy, or is that totally unhygenic?!
Maybe I'm just a germaphobe, but I asked her to stop. Bleck!

claresauntie

EW
puke.gif

Hawkeye

I think- and I'm not 100% sure on this that that is some kind of way to make the stinging stop or something like that.

But it is kinda gross.

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I think- and I'm not 100% sure on this that that is some kind of way to make the stinging stop or something like that.

But it is kinda gross.

Thats what I thought too, but omg ewwww. I think I should find a different place to get it done at!

amoona

I don't think it's that gross haha people get way too anal about germs. I'm sure it was only ment to cool your skin. My eyebrow lady doesn't do that but my skin doesn't get red and bothered so idk if it's some with other clients.

I personally don't think it's that big of a deal but if you don't like it just let them know ahead of time. If you wanna get that into germs that just imagine the air you walk in everyday ... billions of people have blown into that.

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
I don't think it's that gross haha people get way too anal about germs. I'm sure it was only ment to cool your skin. My eyebrow lady doesn't do that but my skin doesn't get red and bothered so idk if it's some with other clients.

I personally don't think it's that big of a deal but if you don't like it just let them know ahead of time. If you wanna get that into germs that just imagine the air you walk in everyday ... billions of people have blown into that.

rofl.gif
Yeah, but the air isn't as bad as a single person blowing directly into a freshly plucked spot. But yeah, I am anal about germs
tong.gif

amoona

Since you're "anal about germs" hehe you should make sure to let everyone know ahead of time not to blow into your face. They're probably not even thinking about it when they do it.

MiCHiE

Anybody who is licensed and complies with their licensing agent WOULD NOT blow their breath on a client. That is just nasty. Why the hell would she blow, anyway? Usually after the strip or wax is pulled, pressure is applied to the area and that helps the stinging feeling.

maxcat

Yeah. What Michie said. You use pressure. My gal puts down a gauze pad and presses when I get my eyebrows waxed.

BLECH!!!

And... um... Hope she doesn't do anything...more...erm.. "intimate"... like a brazillian!!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

you arent supposed to blow on your clients faces.

you are supposed to apply pressure to the area.. or they also have a cooling liquid you put on a cloth and press to the face

its very unsanitary to blow into someones face.

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Lets be glad spit didn't accidentally hit her forehead
greengrin.gif

rofl.gif
True that!
puke.gif

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
And... um... Hope she doesn't do anything...more...erm.. "intimate"... like a brazillian!!

*DEAD*

prinzessin784

lol that's really weird. You should have asked her what she was doing! Maybe we could get some insight into her odd behavior haha.

Latest posts