American/Canadian MAC websites

valley

OK, so I've been strategically planning on buying the things I feel I cant live without MAC-wise.. (I'm a university student...money doesn't grow on trees..sigh). I'm at my parents house for the summer, meaning no MAC connections whatsover...seriously here. It's a good 9 hours away.

Anyways, I had been planning on getting a couple pigments, and paints for an eyeshadow base (desperatly needing it). BUT, the Canadian site is listing sold out of bare canvas. I'd really rather not wait until somebody I know makes the 9 hour trek to the nearest MAC containing city, I want my base now! Anybody (most likely, Cdns) know if I can just order it through the American site... or what happens with that? It's not 'sold out' over on that side. I suppose I COULD just wait until they get more.

roxybc

If you don't mind me asking, what town do you live in? Does the town where you live have a Bay store? If so, there is a way............ :twisted:

valley

yeeeeah, no.

Believe it or not, my town has no bay store. The closest is Winnipeg. When I say closest... I mean 9 hours south. I'll probably just end up waiting.

roxybc

Hmm, well then my origional suggestion won't work, but you might want to try calling a Bay store that has a MAC counter and seeing if they could send you the items. Obviously you'd have to pay over the phone via credit card.

canadiangirl_1117

I tried that once, when the US site still had Parrot. When I went to check out, it wouldn't let me thru the US site and when I switched, the Parrot was removed from my cart.

Star

canadiangirl is right, orders placed on the US website cannot be shipped to Canada (and vice versa I would assume).

Have you called 1-800-387-6707 to place a (Canadian) order over the phone? I would give it a shot, you never know.

valley

Thnx for the suggestions
smiles.gif

Neophyte - the only way I know of 'going between' the two sites is choosing the country at the bottom of the page. The url's are the same.

Latest posts