Ammo Shadow Box or Sustainable Shadow Box?

Jessie

Hey guys, have any of you had any experiences with the ammo and/ or the sustainable shadow box? I am already purchasing the deluxe shadow box, but thought I may as well try another shadow box!

I have had a look at both sets online, and the colours of both sets look great (which is making it harder for me to choose!) I am leaning towards the Ammo shadow box though because the reviews of MUA are better, but was curious to hear your thoughts! Is there one box that is less glittery and shimmery?
smiles.gif

Hey
I've just bought the ammo box because I preferred the colours over the Sustainable shadow box, and I got the Primer potion with it.
It's just arrived, and I lurve it. I bought a single eyeshadow in graffiti too, to go with mildew and oil slick from the ammo box (don't know if it will go with mildew now though...)
It's smaller than I expected (aren't they always) but I do lurve UD stuff!

Mookey x

butterflydream

I just purchased the wooden one at sephora. Ive never tried UD's shadows before and have heard great things about the primer potion. The colors are really pretty, I can't wait to try it.

Sustainable shadow box e/s colors are so glittery.. I have tons of fall out with midnightcowboy rides again, uzi, and kiddie pool. I saw them in the store and swatched them a little bit and fell in love but I kinda regret buying this palette :[

I look like a disco ball because of all the glitter fallout!

tokidoki1825

I have the ammo one and I LOVE about half the shadows, some are too glittery but it's definitely worth it. Okay, the Ammo palette is:

The not glittery shadows:
Smog - pretty, neutral, shimmery brown, not too warm or cool
Mildew - shimmery green, a little bit of an olive tone
Last call - beautiful plum/berry purple, I love this color
Shattered - shimmery, kind of sky blue
Sin - beautiful champagne color, perfect for subtle highlights, use this all the time

These shadows are silky and pigmented, super easy to work with. I find UD shadows way more reliably pigmented and blendable than MAC ones to be honest.

Glittery shadows:
oil slick (black)
Chopper (nude)
grifter (light purple)
polyester bride (true white)
maui wowie (khaki)

All have different levels of glitter. There are some I really don't use -- oil slick has a lot of fallout, and chopper is basically like sin with glitter, so I don't use those. Maui wowie has some fallout but I use it a fair bit anyway. Polyester bride is a pretty unique color in my collection, since it shows up as a true white on me, instead of a sheer highlight.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I think the sustainable one has way more glittery shadows, so I'd go with the ammo palette.
Also, the deluxe palette is amazing, enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahStarlight
Sustainable shadow box e/s colors are so glittery.. I have tons of fall out with midnightcowboy rides again, uzi, and kiddie pool. I saw them in the store and swatched them a little bit and fell in love but I kinda regret buying this palette :[

I look like a disco ball because of all the glitter fallout!

i dig the ammo box much more than the sustainable for the same reason, the glitter is just TOO MUCH, and i really do love UD shadows, i just cant get with all the glittery colours in the wooden one... drives me nuts. i'm constantly wiping away fallout and NOT succeeding... colours in the ammo palette are pretty dope tho'. ultimate fav UD palette is the deluxe shadow box...

hey, Jesse...what'd you end up getting?

:naomi:

magicmorgan

I have the sustainable pallette.. The design isn't my favorite because the cover doesn't protect the shadows and there isn't a place to store the PP. But I love the colors and the glitter.

ShesAFoxyLady

I don't have ammo but i do have the sustainable pallette and it is a bit too glittery - I agree. My favourite pallettes are the deluxe and the shadow book but I would probably go for ammo after those
smiles.gif

BlueMoonDoll

I have a serious problem. I own
Book of Shadows
the Ammo box
Sustainable box
Deluxe shadow box
multiple e/s including cream and loose pigments.

I agree that the sustainable box does have a LOT of glitter, but I've never had much of a problem with the glitter. I like the sustainable box for summer since it has flipside, kiddie pool, and flash. But the AMMO box is great for everything.