An odd sort of request

manthanoelle

Hey everyone, I am not sure if this would be 100% the right spot. But I would really like some recommendations on my blog.

I mainly want to know what everyone likes to read on blogs. I just sort of started mine, and I am getting into the swing of it. But I have no clue what people want to hear/read about.

So what are things that you all like on blogs? what would you recommend I talk about?

Meisje

Do you mean a specifically makeup/beauty geared blog? Or blogs in general?

If it's a makeup blog, I like:

-swatches (well-lit! In focus!)
-product reviews
-FOTD (...NOTD, OOTD)
-tutorials

LC

swatches, fotds, and personal blog bits too
smiles.gif

Ksayare

i took some time and read through the first few pages of your blog (maybe 15 of your posts) and i really like your writing style. amusing, easy to read, and definitely helpful. The only feedback i have isn't about content (honestly, i really enjoyed what you had so far), but about your pictures. Maybe it's just me, but for FOTD posts i always like a few photos to look at. A main one of the face, a close up of the eyes, lips-- just so you can really see it all both alone, and as part of the whole.
Other than that i loved your blog and will visit again!

jazmatazz

On beauty blogs I like to see anything that has the potential to give me inspiration be it beauty FOTD's/Tutorials, reviews on products that you have tried and tested and like, and fashion too.

Also thinking of a few of my favorite blogs, the authors inject their personality and anecdotes about themselves which makes it that much more fun to read.

manthanoelle

thanks for the feed back!

and the picture thing, I am totally working on close ups. I have a pretty decent camera but ugh, my lighting everywhere sucks. So I am trying to work on pinning down the right lighting for close ups.

LC

everyone always asks me what kind of camera i use because they like the quality of shots i take...its just a cheap "coolpix" camera, probably around $110

Meimei91

Definitely swatches of things. I also like FOTD sort of things. But please, make sure you have natural light for at least a couple of the shots, it drives me crazy when I see pictures on blogs that are solely using flash.

Kragey

I personally like reviews, swatches, and [whatever]-of-the-days. Tutorials aren't things I read regularly, to be honest, but I do check them out from time to time.
smiles.gif