An ode to Goldenaire

Copper_Sparkle

So, I was packing up my bag to return to MAC.

Body Suit? Sexy nude lips translated to corpse. Thanks, thin, colourless lips.

Petticoat MSF? No matter the application, I looked like a highly painted member of the Cirque du Soleil. Not sure why, as Stereo Rose is my beloved face colour choice.

Goldenaire. "Meh, just another generic beige/pinky/shimmery/eye product, of which I have millions." As a matter of fact, I'd just purchased an eye cube set from the Body Shop with 2 beige/pinky shades.

Last night as I was going to a movie, I decided to try it once more.

Wow... not only was it the most interesting and intense beige/pinky/shimmery eye product I've tried in a long while, it managed to highlight the lid and shadow the crease at the same time.

My friend: "Your eyes look amazing tonight, what did you use?"

So, in other words, Goldenaire is a keeper. Guess I found a soulmate in the Lingerie collection after all.
eyelove.gif

Jude

Petticoat is not one of those MSFs that you want to apply to your whole face but if you apply it along the upper portion of your cheek bones to your temples, you will be amazed how gorgeous the end result is.

Trust me.....

Sushi_Flower

Goldenaire just looked like pale shimmer when i tested it..but then again Slip Pink looked light pink with intense shimmer under the MAC lights when it's actually a dark berry with no shimmer on me..so maybe i should've tested it out again in day light.

turtle_pixie_

I love Goldenaire, seriously it's like so gorgeous on my pale skin. it's so peachy and natural and makes my eyes stand out underneath my glasses without wearing too much.

Isis

I love Goldenaire! It's the perfect replacement for Deckchair (which I swapped away) *kicks self*

shabdebaz

Yeah, I hear what you're saying about Body Suit. It was the colour I got in my gratis along with La Di Bra! and it barely shows up on me. Because I had to wear it to work, I put it over my Plum l/l to show up on my lips. I am NC 30/35 with dark hair. Maybe my lips are more pigmented?

2_pink

Yes, i love Goldenaire!!! It really brightens up my eyes, great for highlighting and in the tearduct. I also got compliments when i wore it with mythology & milani sungoddess e/s.

Sushi_Flower

Ok people you are going to have to prove your love for it by showing off how it looks with pictures..i saw no colour, just pale shimmer when i swatched it, it looks beautofull in the pot and i know that so i don't want to see pot pictures. I've seent he swatches in the swatch threads but it looks really pale in that too. Maybe it's just not right for me.

Shawna

I completely agree. I hated goldenaire to begin with and it was just bleh on me. Then I did the following and I swear it looks like something a model would have on in a magazine shoot. I used canton candy for the base, goldenaire all over lid up to the crease, tan in the crease, and then chocolate brown (or any dark brown will work) on the outside V. Then I lined the works with dipdown and smudged it up into the shadow. It is a very neutral look, but it is gorgeous. I have seriously worn the combo every day this week and everyone is saying how pretty it is. I am now lemming a backup jar of goldenaire. Play around with it, it's worth keeping, and yes, it is close to deckchair, but is so worth having as well.

Shawna

Ok, I broke down and drove for an hour and a half to get a backup jar of goldenaire. I just freaking love this pigment.

mspixieears

Just a general observation but it's amazing how a compliment from someone can really turn you around to the good in something! Especially if the person saying it has good judgement and is honest!

Can't wait for my G'aire sample to arrive, along with the rest of my Lingerie order!

PrettyKitty

Awwwwwww I love my Goldenaire pigment! Much better than Deckchair, I used to looooveee my Deckchair pigment, but Goldenaire is like a prettier and more pigmented Deckchair, so it's better.

Goldenaire + Mixing Medium = Love