And some more that look fake (inc all girl pigment!)...

midgetfury74

i know why the first one is fake but whats wrong with the other two. i dont have all girl pigment so i dont know what the color is supposed to look like.

dangerousmuffins

The first link, I believe is an older lipstick style that MAC had.

The 2nd and 3rd links - why do you think they are fakes? I'm extremely tired today and have a headache, so maybe I'm not seeing what you are seeing. But I don't think they are fake either.

Bow Belle is actually one of my fave colors! The size stated is a mini lipglass.

The All-Pink is hard to tell without seeing the jar and box!! Color looks okay, but hard to tell.

The 4th link - seems to be from Belle Azure.

amy_forster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousmuffins
The first link, I believe is an older lipstick style that MAC had.

The 2nd and 3rd links - why do you think they are fakes? I'm extremely tired today and have a headache, so maybe I'm not seeing what you are seeing. But I don't think they are fake either.

Bow Belle is actually one of my fave colors! The size stated is a mini lipglass.

The All-Pink is hard to tell without seeing the jar and box!! Color looks okay, but hard to tell.

The 4th link - seems to be from Belle Azure.

I don't think that they're fake, I'm just wary of buying off ebay so thought I'd run it past some of you ladies on specktra as a lot of you know more about past LE products than I do (I've not been into mac that long!).

I'd never seen bow belle before and couldn't find it on the website. The all girl is such a rare pigment I'm always wary in case its a fake so I thought I'd see if anyone could see anything!

ledonatella

They all look ok to me, the All Girl looks like my All Girl I have, it just looks weird cause the pic. isn't the greatest. If anything ask if she could take a better picture of it to be safe.

ExquisiteImages

Just be careful about the All-Girl pigment (as well as other pigments) as there were numerous ebayers who bought a lot of fakes from the seller jerng8291 and candyapple0000......and they are sellers from Hong Kong. I still have the BNIB All-Girl pigment so that's why I can tell.

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
Just be careful about the All-Girl pigment (as well as other pigments) as there were numerous ebayers who bought a lot of fakes from the seller jerng8291 and candyapple0000......and they are sellers from Hong Kong. I still have the BNIB All-Girl pigment so that's why I can tell.

I bought one of jerng8291' copper pigments and it is fake... I'm gonna be filing a few things through paypal here so I would sugest no body else buy from them

halocaustic

This seller has sold at least 4 jars of All Girl...that's supsicious to me in itself. However, they had one up for Buy It Now of £24.99 so I e-mailed them and asked for a better picture and a picture of the batch sticker on the bottom of the tub...I also asked questions about its authenticity. Well...a few hours later she took down the Buy It Now listing....I'm willing to bet money on it that she's selling fakes. It pisses me off because I really want a sample of all girl but there are probably hundreds of people out there who have the fake pigment now and sell samples of it off as genuine without knowing :/

I'm in the process of reporting this seller to ebay as well. I've just been burned by buying a fake Deckchair pigment from them.
ssad.gif
I also got burned a few weeks ago (Deckchair again) by jerng8921. Putting two and two together, I think that the-mac-shop bought their "Deckchair" from jerng, and is just making another slice of profit. The two fakes are identical, with all the same errors, and there are so many inconsistencies with the ten genuine MAC pigments I own that it just isn't funny. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetoutmore
I'm in the process of reporting this seller to ebay as well. I've just been burned by buying a fake Deckchair pigment from them.
ssad.gif
I also got burned a few weeks ago (Deckchair again) by jerng8921. Putting two and two together, I think that the-mac-shop bought their "Deckchair" from jerng, and is just making another slice of profit. The two fakes are identical, with all the same errors, and there are so many inconsistencies with the ten genuine MAC pigments I own that it just isn't funny. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Yes, she bought that fake pigment from jerng and the All-Girl pigment also because I saw her ID under purchases for the pigments. Now, she's selling samples of the pigments. I was also watching the majority of jerng's listings just to see who bought what so I know to stay away from them since I know a few of them will be reselling the pigments as samples. I'm guessing a lot of people bought from jerng, and the pigments turned out to be fake.

Quote:
Yes, she bought that fake pigment from jerng and the All-Girl pigment also because I saw her ID under purchases for the pigments. Now, she's selling samples of the pigments. I was also watching the majority of jerng's listings just to see who bought what so I know to stay away from them since I know a few of them will be reselling the pigments as samples. I'm guessing a lot of people bought from jerng, and the pigments turned out to be fake.

Yes I found the same thing after I posted above. I went delving a little deeper and came to the same conclusion.
ssad.gif
I've reported jerng and filed a claim, but at this point I've just written directly to the-mac-shop pointing out (sympathetically) that I know they may have been unwittingly duped, but that they still need to make restitution in some way. I hope they are just innocent victims and not scamming others to try and increase their own profits.

krayzy

Quote:

<br>
Gaaa! i feel so dumb! i wish i had seen this b4 i bought from candyapple0000!!! A friend of mine linked me to here when i told her i got some pigments. I definatley need to file some greviences! Funny now s/he has put there feedback to private now that they have some negatives, Grrrr... i wish e-bay would be more open to complaints since this person has obvioulsy sold alot of fakes and should be pulled off! I just hope i can recover some of my money.
ssad.gif

jessiekins1

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzy
<br>
Gaaa! i feel so dumb! i wish i had seen this b4 i bought from candyapple0000!!! A friend of mine linked me to here when i told her i got some pigments. I definatley need to file some greviences! Funny now s/he has put there feedback to private now that they have some negatives, Grrrr... i wish e-bay would be more open to complaints since this person has obvioulsy sold alot of fakes and should be pulled off! I just hope i can recover some of my money.
ssad.gif

sorry babe, but it was almost too good to be true so i did some research.

toby1

ssad.gif
Well what makes me even more furious is when I listed a BNIB All Girl which was authentic I bought it from Nordstrom's and another seller stole my entire listing(pic text everything) and Ebay was so slow to do anything!! If you have to steal someone else's listing it's obvious you don't have the product or at least not the real thing

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby1
ssad.gif
Well what makes me even more furious is when I listed a BNIB All Girl which was authentic I bought it from Nordstrom's and another seller stole my entire listing(pic text everything) and Ebay was so slow to do anything!! If you have to steal someone else's listing it's obvious you don't have the product or at least not the real thing

They may have copied your listing (which is naughty) but were you still able to sell the pigment through your own listing? If you were and you got a good price, that's great.

eowyn797

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzy
<br>
ssad.gif

i am in the same boat, sadly. They are now an "unregistered user", so file your complaint as soon as possible, if not immediately. I can't file mine until August 21st, thank you eBay....*headdesk*

sigwing

I recently got one of my geek newsletters that explained how some of the fraud sellers work, and how they create usernames with feedback that appears real, so you can't always go by that, either, I guess. I'll see if i can find the explanation of how they do it. Surely if it's known to be in a newsletter, ebay can figure it out. I've looked at that for some sellers that I think look suspicious but they always seem to have hundreds if not thousands of feedback with no or few negatives. There's also the weird thing of bidders with "private" or hidden name for whatever reason. I've never seen how to do that, but I've never had a reason to hid my name on there.

I'll see if I can find that interesting newsletter article about how some of the fakes work. I know sometimes there's a seller in Hong Kong or somewhere that has posted that they're in New Jersey. I've seen those.