Angelina's Vanity Fair Lipstick

Amaranth

My lipstick collection is severely lacking in the bold/deep colours department. I wanna pick up a nice red, but MAC has quite a few and I wanna make sure I'm getting the right one. I really love the lipstick Angelina Jolie is wearing on this cover of Vanity Fair:

http://thebosh.com/upload/2008/06/02...anity-Fair.jpg

Any recs for that shade of red? Preferably MAC?

Shimmer

I stand corrected!
smiles.gif

Angelina sure did look amazing on the cover, didn't she? I also wondered what lipstick she was wearing. I don't think I could ever pull off such a red. Too bad. Her lips are rockin that red!

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefc
According to this, it's Russian Red.

http://specktra.net/f222/angelina-jo...dition-103816/

I saw that same post in a Specktra Beauty News thingy, but for some reason I refuse to believe that's Russian Red and Durashell. Looks too dark...and also what's this whole lipstick AND ProLongwear jazz? But who knows, maybe I should just go try it out.

kimmy

they fuck with those photos so much before they publish them, it's insane.

so scarlet looks alot like that on me...for me russian red is way brighter than that.

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy

so scarlet looks alot like that on me...for me russian red is way brighter than that.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't own Russian Red but I've tried it on before and it was waaaaay brighter than that. On me anyway. Note to self: try out So Scarlet and Dubonnet next MAC trip.

Thanks for the recs!

j_absinthe

I would definintely say something like So Scarlet or Dubonnet, or even Kirsch mattene just sheered out a bit.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy

So Scarlet looks just like that on me too! Russian Red on me was vivid - very bold. This is more wearable
winks.gif

pinkkvintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't own Russian Red but I've tried it on before and it was waaaaay brighter than that. On me anyway. Note to self: try out So Scarlet and Dubonnet next MAC trip.

Thanks for the recs!

AGREED. theres no way that is russian red
i wear russian red daily
ive used it on different skin colors
its not russian red

concertina

It might be Russian Red, but like Kimmy stated, they do a ton of photoshoping...even on Angelina!!

They might have darkened the lips to make it more ~vampy, because her face is also pretty amazingly smooth and light.

dollie`MIX

As soon as I saw this when it first came out I wanted a similiar colour so I inquired and I remember it being one from a collection a few months go.. I cant remember the name! If I do I'll come back and post it.
Oh and IMO it's not Russian Red, I have RR and it looks nothing like it to me.

Janice

Just a FYI I got the information directly from MAC on what products Ms Jolie is wearing. Please remember that they do a lot of post processing on editorial photos, especially ones destined for the cover and the shade is a combination of two lip products.

aimee

i heard its RR but looks more than Dubonnet to me
but lipsticks look different on everyone plus these mag shots get photoshopped like crazy