Annoyed at price hike, esp for UK

LoopyLoo

In the UK it is now the equivalent of $17.83 per eye shadow - that's £11.

I can't believe it. In the States the price is the equivalent of £9.83 for the single eyeshadow - that's $14.50

Is it true that the eyeshadows are being increased in price from Aug 1st??
Anyone know?

molotov

Same with the blush prices, it works out so much better to purchase MAC products in the USA. That is what I tend to do because I frequently visit, or have family/friends going abroad there often.

LMD84

yeah i made a thred in the europe forum about the price increase because i thought it was a pretty big jump on some items! msf's for example!!!

anita22

Well, I've just moved to the UK from New Zealand in the last few months, and all I can say is that everyone here should consider themselves lucky that even with the price hike, they still don't have to pay anything near what is charged in New Zealand. Personally I'm very thankful for the prices here as I'm used to paying so much more.

RedRibbon

I wonder where MAC is the cheapest?

You'd think they'd keep the prices relatively the same for most countries.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
Well, I've just moved to the UK from New Zealand in the last few months, and all I can say is that everyone here should consider themselves lucky that even with the price hike, they still don't have to pay anything near what is charged in New Zealand. Personally I'm very thankful for the prices here as I'm used to paying so much more.

good point!! i think if i lived in new zealand or australia i'd be asking for people to help out with cp's!
smiles.gif

molotov

Buying MAC products in duty free shops like in airports is also a good alternative, however, visiting duty free shops is inconvenient.

If you know you will be travelling soon, and the airport you are flying from had a big duty free with MAC, it is always worth spending a lot there.

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22

i live in NZ and we have had a price increase for the 1st time in a few years. basically everything has gone up by at least $2, which really makes me think now for any product. i think others should consider themselves lucky. but MAC is still cheaper than other high end brands such as lancome, dior etc

PurpleOrchid

Wow, I'm jealous of all you New Zealanders, I've always wanted to go there! Seems like such a pretty country :)

But back on topic, yes, the price hike sucks hardcore. It does seem to have hit you UKers harder than the US too. I think it's a really bad move on the company's part, especially when now more than ever people are watching their discretionary income.

nadiya

If you think that's bad, in Australia we pay $32 AUD for an eyeshadow, the equivalent of $25 US dollars or £15.46.

As far as I know we haven't had a price increase...yet.

However MAC have started charging us extra for products with special packaging. The Style Warriors eyeshadows cost $37 AUD, that's $29 US, or £17.88.

The High-Light powders from Naked Honey cost $65 AUD.

I still love MAC but I am definitely beginning to look at other brands more and more because the recent mark ups are a bit of a turn off.

elle25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiya
If you think that's bad, in Australia we pay $32 AUD for an eyeshadow, the equivalent of $25 US dollars or £15.46.

As far as I know we haven't had a price increase...yet.

However MAC have started charging us extra for products with special packaging. The Style Warriors eyeshadows cost $37 AUD, that's $29 US, or £17.88.

The High-Light powders from Naked Honey cost $65 AUD.

I still love MAC but I am definitely beginning to look at other brands more and more because the recent mark ups are a bit of a turn off.

I hadn't realised that they increased the SW e/s price. I hate the prices here. I've been looking forward to the Naked Honey collection since I heard about it, especially the Honey Light high-light powder but I'm not going to pay $65 for it
ssad.gif
We have to pay so much more for it all

LoopyLoo

I'm off to Vegas in a couple of weeks so looking forward to buying out the duty free
mac_haul.gif
. Gues when I'm going? The 1st Aug, price hike day in the states
girl_devil.gif
- bummer!

celestia

Another cheers from Australia. I cringe everytime I'm impatient enough to purchase from an aussieland counter.

Unfortunately I've never had the guts to ask for a CP directly to anyone. I think i'm just concerned that somewhere in the world, MAC has hiked prices that far surpass ours. LOL

sunshine16

Another Aussie
ssad.gif

Planning on getting my family to pick me up lots of MAC when they go to Hawaii, yeah, guess when they're going..1st of August! I was so annoyed haha.

Still way way cheaper then here though
smiles.gif

Our poor NZ neighbors, they pay even more then us! So i guess we should count our (small) blessings.

themaczealot

When I was in LDN it was a lot easier to spend £11
including tax instead of $17+provincial + GST tax.
one eyeshadow ends up being $19.55. I loved shopping
in England because tax was included in the price
takes the guesswork out of figuring out prices <3

LoopyLoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyIsElectric
Dazzleglasses are now 14 pounds. It is actually ridiculous.

Agreed. I will now only buy at airports. MAC have been very silly and very greedy, and have made me really disppointed - they will certainly be getting less of my custom now