Anorexia in Hollywood

d_flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie_doll_713
Lol! That cracked me up. Her boobs are gross. I will never diet cuz I don't want to loose my gals.

haha...

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
i think it's really sad that people look up to these stars so much that they'd actually do that to themselves just to be like them.

i also find it tragic that what most people don't realize is that it's very unhealthy, and being so thin is actually painful both on a physical and emotional level.

i'm not quite as thin as kate looks in that picture, but i'm considered severely underweight. any kind of illness, even a common cold, is dangerous for me to catch and i'm pretty much without any energy at all for at least a week.

i've been asked by people i don't even know if i was anorexic or bulemic. it kind of sucks when you walk down the street and people just stare, and some even have the audacity to make comments.

i just think it's sad because especially young girls think that being slightly overweight is just terrible, mostly becuase they get picked on and made fun of. but there's an opposite end of that spectrum, because people like me get made fun of just as much. it's sickening that hollywood promotes this as well because being underweight is obviously not healthy and is VERY hazardous...i'm sorry, but i'd much rather be 20 pounds overweight and healthy than the position i'm in now.

hollywood was better when ladies like marilyn and betty grable promoted a healthy, curvy body with some meat on it.

I'm so sorry hun!
ssad.gif

blueyedlady87

Its such a sad disease. My step-sister had it when she was a teenager. As a result she looks very un-developed. She has the body of a 12 year old but is actually 20. Her bones are very brittle, and she says that her teeth, nails, and hair have never gone back to regular. I'm just glad she has recovered. But its a constant struggle for her.
ssad.gif