Another foundation thread!!!

redjellybeans

Hi everyone. I realise these threads pop up all the time & i've done a search but can't find what i'm looking for.

I am after a foundation that photographs well. My daughters christening is coming up & we have arranged for a photographer to come take photos. We are using this as an oppotunity to have our family portrait done - So I won't be able to hide this photo like I do with all the others
smiles.gif
. I really don't want to look like a ghost in these pics.

Also any recommendations on products to use under or over foundation to help with this.

I have the Natural MSF on its way to me - will this be suitable???

I'm MAC NC30 (although I feel it might be too yellow
ssad.gif
)

In previous threads I have seen recommendations for MUFE. I haven't been able to find a stockist in Sydney, so other recs would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Kiseki

Get yourself some Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet +, it's my favourite for photography, you can find it in Sephora.

The MSF will reflect the light from the flash making you look like a ghost, washing you out.

Maybe some of Chanel's Double Perfection Fluide, it has a matte finish and since it has no SPF, it's not likely to reflect the light from the flash.

My personal favorite loose powder is MUFE (Super Matte Loose Powder) and I'm not crazy about MAC powders, maybe some Chanel Poudre Universel Libre?

hunnybun

i agree with the above rec of MUFE's foundation look at the sephora website if you don't have the actual store in sydney. here's the link.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_... keup%20forevr

this is what my MA used on me for one of my wedding portraits and it came out fabulously with no color distortion.

regardless of what foundation you chose, don't wear sunscreen or moisturizer with spf underneath that day. i'm usually the biggest sticker for spf protection, but have found that spf reflects a whitish glow when flash photography is used. so just for that one day, you should go without.

hope that helps and congrats on your daughter's christening!
smiles.gif

redjellybeans

Bump

Thanks for your replies!!
Unfortunately No Sephora in Australia & I don't think they ship to Australia either.

Any other recommendations would be great!