another newbie

crikey

After lurking a while, thought I should pop up and say hello (I also posted a first FOTD today). My fabulous friend ratmist pointed me to Specktra, and I'm delighted she did, though I fear for my wallet.

And I wanted to say thank you to all of you who have posted such great tutorials and FOTDs, from which I've been learning so much. About time I knew what to do with all these pretty colours I've been accumulating...

Oh, and I'm a photographer and artist, living in Edinburgh.
this is some of my stuff: http://slowlight.net

MAC_Whore

Welcome. I like you already as I love Edinburgh and your photos are amazing! I hope to see more pics. I really like the Morocco pics. Where were you in Morocco?

ExquisiteImages

th_770016001157748873-final.gif
to Specktra! Glad to have you join us.

crikey

thank you for the nice welcome!

and MAC_Whore, thanks for the kind words on my photos! I've been to Morocco a couple of times, and on that second trip we (we = me and my beloved) spent about three weeks going all over the place, starting at Fez and doing a long circle down to the desert, around through the Dades valley, and then up to Marrakech. Fantastic country that I'd love to explore more of. also, your sig... reminds me of visiting Volubilis, the roman ruins near Meknes, and dancing wildly around the deserted buildings in torrential rain. Bliss! And isn't Edinburgh lovely?

trashionista: yay! another pinhole fan! You make pin-photos yourself?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikey
thank you for the nice welcome!

and MAC_Whore, thanks for the kind words on my photos! I've been to Morocco a couple of times, and on that second trip we (we = me and my beloved) spent about three weeks going all over the place, starting at Fez and doing a long circle down to the desert, around through the Dades valley, and then up to Marrakech. Fantastic country that I'd love to explore more of. also, your sig... reminds me of visiting Volubilis, the roman ruins near Meknes, and dancing wildly around the deserted buildings in torrential rain. Bliss! And isn't Edinburgh lovely?

trashionista: yay! another pinhole fan! You make pin-photos yourself?

Thanks for the info.
smiles.gif
And yes, I would love to be back in Edinburgh! I haven't spent as much time there as I would like to.