Another odd one...

sigwing

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlivestrong_4

The MAC lip palette is one I bought several years ago, she has the shades listed completely wrong. And I can't see the greatest, but it kinda looks like some have been used, to me. It's not counterfeit, just not represented truthfully.

Also, her eye palettes....is she serious??? Now, those I'm guessing are counterfeit for sure. And gimme a break on her BIN price!

If I'm completely wrong, I apologize....maybe I'm way off-base & outta line!
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

You're not out of line.

MAC did have a lip palette like that but it was several years ago and you're right, that does look used.

IMO, buying a used, rather old lip palette means you are asking for some sort of lesion, growth or blister, huh?

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
"i dont know the mac names, but if youre a mac fan you will know them by the way i describe them"

are you serious.

*LOL*

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
You're not out of line.

MAC did have a lip palette like that but it was several years ago and you're right, that does look used.

IMO, buying a used, rather old lip palette means you are asking for some sort of lesion, growth or blister, huh?

If I'm using somebody else's lip stuff, I at least like to know them personally & at least have some idea of where their lips have been!
winks.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
If I'm using somebody else's lip stuff, I at least like to know them personally & at least have some idea of where their lips have been!
winks.gif

Exactly! Otherwise that lip palette is just a MAC petri dish!
ssad.gif

wolfsong

Ive seen pro e/s palettes without names before and the seller stated that they were nameless as they had been custom made for a makeup artist. The palette contained much more e/s than these (48 i think), and i dont know how honest the first seller was (it rang bells for me as the e/s should in theory come out as they are just attached by magnets, and have a sticker on the bottom with name printed on).
This probably isnt useful in anyway!

sigwing

Shoot, they might as well say it was one of Cher's backups that she didn't need so this person is selling it on ebay for her!

This seller has one now that a couple people have bid on, and it actually has MAC names to the shadows in it & looks like it could be real... so maybe they're trying to gain some credibility to be able to continue with the farcical stuff.

I get emails from ebay for my "Favorite searches," and one I have in is "MAC palette," so I get emails with these things. Another thing I've noticed is the # of them as "Cool eyes" on about any quad that comes around. And I've gotten an email that has several different quads, which look authentic, but the person describes one of the pans as "Tickles," which I think Tickle is a color in the Take Wing, isn't it? But the others it's not in...crazy!

sigwing

Wow....she must've removed the fake ones because they're not even in her feedback or anywhere, there's just this one left that looks like it might be real stuff.

wolfsong

Either that or she's put up photos of real ones and will send similar fakes... Ebay makes me paranoid
graucho.gif