• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

(Another) Pigment Pressing Tutorial

MACActress

^ I'm not quite sure if I completely understand your question, but I usually just press down a couple times for about 10 seconds in different directions =)

Kristen

I went and pressed all of my pigments.. but really didn't pay attention to how much I used. I'm planning on buying a bunch of pigment samples and pressing them.. how much do you think you need? 1/2 tsp.. 1 tsp?

misslilith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACActress
^ I'm not quite sure if I completely understand your question, but I usually just press down a couple times for about 10 seconds in different directions =)

That was exactly what I wanted to know! Excuse the bad english
lol.gif

pugmommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVanessa
Thanks! I've never really thought about pressing pigments until I saw how nice yours came out. I don't know how I feel about going to get shadows and then dumping them out. Is there anything else I can use to press pigments in?

me too! i finally scaped out 8 pans that i knew i would never usebut had all been perfectly depotted.
eyelove.gif

i'm gonna pick up a c clamp tommorrow.
thanks so much!

VeganChick

Oooh, those look nice and professional! Now I have something to do with the nice bronzer case I have that I never ever use!
Do you think I could buy a pigment blend made for mineral powder and use it this way? And how much pigment do you think I'd need for a 2.25 inch diameter pan? I think the small bag (25g) is more than plenty, but I don't know how much to use for the single pan. How full did you fill the pans with pigment when you made your shadows?
Here's the case I'm gonna use, since it seems like such a waste to throw out...
24380974.jpg

Raerae

Hehe... i hate de-potting cuz I think the cases look so cute lol...

and those pots are really cute

Malice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACActress
MissVanessa: You can press them directly into a palette, but it's kind of inconvenient. Somewhere on here or at mac_cosmetics there's a tutorial on making your own pans out of tin foil.

After having read this I've been looking for a tin foil instruction for weeks!
Here is something like this in French (middle of the site) :

http://www.amabilia.com/cgi-bin/ulti.../3/2174/2.html

Going to try it out later! Since in Germany even Claire's are really expensive!!

Latest posts