another pregnant woman made me cry today

ratmist

That woman was incredibly unclassy.

*big hugs* I'm pregnant too, probably due the same time as you according to your ticker (9th Oct). It's very difficult sometimes to feel beautiful when pregnant, let alone if you're already self-conscious about your size (and really, who isn't?!).

If it ever happens again, say, "Yes I am, not that it's any of your business", or something equally firm that lets the person know their conduct is unacceptable. You should not be made to feel this way at any point in your life, let alone when you're pregnant.

tiffanykei

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlilyfairy
slightly long rant ...sorry for the run on sentences and mispellings ...im moody =/

ok well obviously I am a plus sized woman. I am 5 ft even and at 5 months pg I am at 251. I am about a size 20 or so(*pre pg i was an 18) ..I normally go around feeling good about myself ..i do my hair..i put on my makeup and I don't go around wearing mumus...although sometimes in my house I do lol..but what im saying is I try to wear stylish clothes and feel good about myself and am normally not that self concioues.

But since being pregnant I have been quite self conciouess (sorry on the spelling lol ) I have pretty much only expanded in my belly which is expected the rest of me looks like it did before well my feet look a bit puffy too. People that know me can tell that yes I am expecting maybe strangers think im just even bigger than before. I personally do feel like i can see my pg belly it might not be poking up and all at attention but it has definetly gotten rounder and more firm and my two belly thing is pretty much nearly gone and forming into one big billy lol.

ok so what happend to day it had to to with a Freaking Parking space. I was on the military base here in Aviano, Italy. ON base there is 2 desiganted handicapped/expectant mother parking on each row in the parking lot.(for the preggo ladies there is no sign to put up u just park) so i decided to use this spot today since It was raining ..it was cool outside..i was wearing flip flops ..my clothes where moist because I was previously outside directing my husband while he was backing out a big moving truck in a small street here in italy so i got a little bit wet in the process... I got in my car to go pick up 20 euro from the atm on base so my hubby could get gas in the moving truck (we were picking up some nursery furniture !) ..I was stopping for just that to get money out of an atm.

I go in the parking lot look for a spot and there is pretty much not any parking neither close by or all the way in the back..The only spot I saw close too me was one of the handicapped/expectant mother spots clearly marked for both uses. I pull in to the spot. Rummage through my purse for about 2 mins before getting out looking for my debit card. I walk up the atm ..and here comes this clearly skinny yet pregnant woman practically running up too me ..she comes by and says " EXxxxxcuuuuuuuse me mam ...but are you even pregnant?" It caught me off guard and I was a little startled because she spoke so loudly and her tone of voice was sord of patronizing and rude.... So with my surprised and slightly embarassed face i say umh yeah...and she goes oh and turns around and walks away ...some guy she knew that was walking in turns to her and says why did you ask that lady that ..and i could hear as they are walking into the store that she was explaining to him they have parking for pregnant woman and she was going to park there.

I hurridely got my money walked to my car and just began to cry. I felt so stupid for parking there as I have wanted to park there before especially one day that was super hott and I was tired from driving around town and I just wanted to run into the commissary and get a damn snapple..but I didn't park there because I thought well im ok I can walk a lil further..but today when i did park there i got shit for it.

anyway im just bleh atm and wanted to rant.

I wish I would of had told the woman something like wtf bitch you want me to pee on a stick and prove it to you ..jUst because im not showing doesn't mean I don't get as tired as other skinny pregnant bitches out there lol..
ok sorry for the curseword (i love skinny pregnant people too sorry ..just this woman hurt my feelings ) =/

/rant off

smiles.gif
You're freaking awesome. It's k..

When I was younger, I had this pot belly. I was pretty skinny but I ate A LOT!! I had this weird metabolism however where I'd eat and eat but I would never gain weight on my arms, legs, or buttocks.. I was practically flat chested but all that food would go straight to my stomach. >
ssad.gif

At Middle school..
ssad.gif
there was a rumor that I was pregnant. Yeah.. that freaking hurt.

I'm still trying to gain weight and although I don't have a pot belly.. ;p I still got a little tummy that I can never get rid of.
smiles.gif
At least I don't look hungry no more!!

smiles.gif
Congratulations on your pregnancy. If I was there at the ATM, I would've told that lady to shut up and go eat some chocolate.
smiles.gif
Chocolate makes everyone happy!! GO EAT A CHOCOLATE!!

laneyyy

Oh Doris! I can't believe this is the first time I am seeing this! LOLs, I'm a little bit behind. I wish I would have been at that damned ATM with you...

fafinette21

wow this is unbelievable! the nerve of some people just amazes me sometimes. and really, if she is "running" up to you to harass you then she clearly doesn't need a spot right by the door anyways! probably one of those people that believe the world exists to serve only their needs.

MAC_Pixie04

Ya know, I think Dane Cook put it best
"I don't ever ask a pregnant woman about her pregnancy until the baby's crowning." It sounds gross and kind of funny, but how shitty of her to make the assumption that just because you're plus sized you're not pregnant. If she was a heavier size and someone assumed she was pregnant when she wasn't, she'd probably feel pretty low about herself and her body. Being pregnant, she should understand that it affects every woman differently. Some women carry differently, others are small and then sort of "baloon" toward the middle/end of their pregnancy, but that's none of her business.

She's probably just mad that she had to walk, I doubt she can see her feet anyway. Don't feel bad about it, you're having a baby! You should be celebrating this moment! I know when I'm ready to have kids and I get pregnant, I'll be bragging to anybody who'll listen!

Bootyliciousx

Screw her! don't let her steal your joy
peace2.gif
blah.gif
. You did nothing wrong.

You got a beautiful person growing inside you, a blessing by God, how amazing is that?
bigheart.gif
Keep your head up
th_hug.gif

jennifer.

this really sucks to hear. some people just don't think before they speak and can be so heartless, especially when you're pregnant and even when you're NOT. i've dealt with this before and still do. when i was pregnant, this one customer at my job at the time asked me if i was positive i wasn't having twins after having told her once that i wasn't. i'm not skinny either, but this was just mean. this was over 5 years ago! i STILL get people asking when i'm due or making a comment about a baby on the way and i'm not even pregnant! i'm just big. i feel like asking them "you mean when am i due to lose all this weight??"

sorry but unless i'm positive someone's pregnant, i wouldn't even think to question it whatsoever. sorry you had to deal with a dumb bitch like that.
angry.gif
don't let it get you down. at least you can chalk it up to plain idiocy on their part.

pumpkincat210

Wow, that girl was a major bitch. I would never ever even think of saying something so mean. Enjoy your pregnancy and don't let her get you down.
When you are pregnant your hormones are all over the place and its normal to feel strange about your body. You sound pretty confident overall so i'd just ignore the comment and keep on parking in the pregnant woman's space.

awomanofthelord

I can't believe this happend to you!!! I'm wayyy behind.. lol.. People are so rude these days!!! I can't believe she had the nerve to come up to you and say that.. wow.. sorry this happend to you. Nobody messes with my DOris!!

PolyphonicLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanykei
GO EAT A CHOCOLATE!!

LOL! That made my day.
yes.gif

And pregnant women are beautiful, showing or not, and she had NO right to say that. If she can run up from her parking spot and insult you, then those same twig legs can carry her in the store just fine. But hey...if you ever want to hire a skinny bitch to pop another ignorant skinny bitch...you know who to call.
winks.gif

KellyBean

ughhh.
nonono.gif
I probably would have hit her with my purse.
fight.gif

Btw, I'm sure you're absolutely gorgeous! Pregnant women are always beautiful, so don't let one ignorant bitch get you down! (I don't usually curse at all btw, believe me, but she definitely deserved it)

Girl about town

What a nosy bitch!!! she was obviously just pissed at not getting the parking space, some people think they are the parking police. I drive a mini convertible and my sons child seat is in the back and because of where the cars hood is he is partially hidden. I parked in the mother and baby parking and some nosy woman marched over to me saying " you are meant to have a child to park here" i just stared at her and produced my son from the back of the car , haha!!
Please don't feel down because of this ill mannered person xxxx(((hugs))))

Latest posts