Another Reason to avoid fast-food, but we all knew it already...

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
<---pessimist

I know fast food is bad but I like it and it taste good to me. I check for spit and then I eat. I rather eat a few more calories than to go grocery shopping and bring home something to eat, because it is better to eat at home, and then find out that a week later it is being recalled for e-coli contamination.

So my question, ANYTHING we put in our mouths, there is a risk of something.
Get sick or get fat-which do you prefer? if your unlucky you could get both.

You can get e-coli just as easily at a fast food place... There not immune to contamination.

CaraAmericana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
You can get e-coli just as easily at a fast food place... There not immune to contamination.

I agree with you

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Atually it's harder then you think... Well not hard... But, a friend of mine is doing that LipoZapp thing, and like she has a pedometer that trackers all her steps. And like after an 8 hours shift at the office + taking time out to walk on lunch break she only hits like 5k steps a day. So unless she adds in time after work to go to like a gym, and for a lot of working Moms, that difficult to do with responsibilities to her kids, she's not going to walk that much.

Actually being a mom and taking your kids for a family walk, bike ride, scooter, jog is a really good thing to do. It gets the kids in a healthy mind set and it's time the family can bond together. My uncle used to take my cousin out for a walk after lunch, then after dinner my aunt would join in on a second walk. They only stopped doing this because my cousin's now in daycare/kindergarten. A lot of Mom's use the excuse of their kids for not working out but kids are naturally energetic and they usually want to spend time with their parents, so why not make a family thing out of a little exercise. I'm saying start taking them on 10k runs or taking them to do weights. Take them to the park after dinner to play Frisbee or jump rope with your little girls.
And if you add in ankle weights to your walk 5000 steps is all you really need. It's amazing what a simple change can do. People just need to make a conscious decision to walk a little bit further. Eat a little less. It's not hard to lose wait, it just takes dedication. No one says you have to lose 15 lbs a week, 1 to 2 is the healthier way to go. And even if you're not looking to lose a lot just getting your body moving is a plus.

Raerae

It's dark by 5pm, especially now with the time change, kind hard to play frisbee or jump rope in the dark!

Not making excuses for her though. If she really wanted to make the lifestyle change, she could. Which is the main problem most people who want to lose weight face. They wanna lose the pounds, but don't want to change their sedate lifestyle.