Anthropologie Wrap Sweater

Abhayah15

I know it's still hot outside but I'm trying to get a head start on my fall/winter clothes. Anyways, I was wondering if you guys thought this sweater is worth $80. Keep in mind I'm a college kid and kinda broke
th_dunno.gif
lol Thanks for your help!

sweater.jpg

I like it, i know it doesnt look great in that picture but i have seen it in the store..i think its worth it, very versatile.

dizzygoo82

i love anthropolgie's clothes but personally i think it's crazy expensive...i'd check other stores for something like that sweater..maybe department stores or something? im not sure of where you live but im sure a wrap sweater could be found somewhere for less than 80 bucks!!! haha.

good luck!

purrtykitty

Ooh, I love Anthropologie and I love that sweater- the color, everything! I've got my eye on several things from there, too!

chdom

This is just me... Take the MAC brushes for example. I'm new to the whole makeup thing & plan to buy the 217, 239, 266, & 227. But, it's not in my budget to buy all of em at once. So, to satisfy my need for brushes I've bought Sonia Kashuk, Elf, & various cheaper brands- when you stop & think about it I could've at least bought 2 MAC brushes already. I'm saying if you've got it in your budget to buy that $80 wrap go for it. LOL enabler here...

Abhayah15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chdom
when you stop & think about it I could've at least bought 2 MAC brushes already. I'm saying if you've got it in your budget to buy that $80 wrap go for it. LOL enabler here...

i know! i always think that to myself to...if i realllly wanted something i could put aside money for it but it never ends up happening...i know it looks wonky in the picture but i saw someone wearing it and i fell in love with it...its just really classic and i cant seem to find the same design anywhere online for cheaper...i figure if i don't find anything else in the next few days im just going to get this one...i'll look at it as an investment since i know anthropologie has great quality lol

p.s. im a big-time enabler too

xsnowwhite

way cute!! I love that style. I saw some at target tho very similar except short sleeve...work checking out they were $15 and if you are broke it may be a good enough substitute!

chdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhayah15
i know! i always think that to myself to...if i realllly wanted something i could put aside money for it but it never ends up happening...i know it looks wonky in the picture but i saw someone wearing it and i fell in love with it...its just really classic and i cant seem to find the same design anywhere online for cheaper...i figure if i don't find anything else in the next few days im just going to get this one...i'll look at it as an investment since i know anthropologie has great quality lol

p.s. im a big-time enabler too

I forgot to say that it's a really cute sweater. BTW I'm a huge fall/winter fashion fan (grr hate summer) Are you going to buy online or from the store? If you buy online checkout retailmenot.com- they've got coupon codes for free shipping & stuff for different online stores. You never know they might have a code for Anthropologie. Happy shopping!

Abhayah15

I forgot to say that it's a really cute sweater. BTW I'm a huge fall/winter fashion fan (grr hate summer) Are you going to buy online or from the store? quote]

I am too! i just feel like during the summer its way toooo hot to worry about what i look like and down here in South Texas winter only lasts about 3 weeks lol so i try to take full advantage of it!

I think im going to buy online cause i have this thing where i dont feel like i spent any money if its online lol and then i get a present in the mail a few days later...i know lammmme lol and thanks for the rec! ill def being going to that site!

lyttleravyn

Personally I would equate price with how much it would cost me "per wear." I'm more likely to spend money on a quality item that is versatile and I would want to wear with many things. If the color and look of the sweater fit well with your wardrobe, then I would say $80 isn't a bad investment. A high quality sweater will last you at least 5 years, a $20 sweater poorly made will last less than 1. So you would have to replace the low-quality sweater 4 more times before you replace the high quality sweater, which would cost more in total. Now, I'm not the kind of person to spend $500 on a sweater but if it's a classic piece and well-made I would probably spend upwards of $120-150 on one. Not to mention Anthropologie pieces are GORGEOUS! Totally go for it
smiles.gif

AlliSwan

Zara has a very similar sweater right now, in several gorgeous muted colors (one just like that, if I remember correctly), for about $30-40. But they don't have an online store, so you'd have to find a B&M one. Good luck!

TDoll

They have some JUST like this at Target. (Tar-jay as I like to call it...) This was yesterday. They have them in several colors. I believe they were between 20 and 30 dollars...can't remember because I got some other goodies. I picked up the black one
smiles.gif

I'm not crazy about Anthropologie. They're a little overpriced in my opinion and the clothes are kinda plain for the price.

^^Haven't seen the ones at Zara...DEFINITELY have to check those out! Thats a good price too.

pink_lily002

I like it! I'm not crazy about the color personally, but I like the idea of it. You just reminded me that I have a gift card for that store....it's been sitting around for over a year too lol.