antivirus

ilovexnerdsx

does anyone know of any free antivirus software? all the ones i have downloaded that said they were free just tried to charge me after they scanned my computer and told me how many viruses i have :crap:

anyone know any that are completely free, and reliable?

Dizzy

This one is the one my old college pushed at us. I've never tried it though so I can't tell you how good it is.

But, if you can't find one that works well for you see if you can use a copy of your school's antivirus software. I did it last semester, and it doesn't cost anything since everything is covered under the college's liscense agreement with the company.

HTH!

ilovexnerdsx

thank you so much! i will try it out.
smiles.gif

ilovexnerdsx

i'm not sure what it is
ssad.gif
when im typing, sometimes the blinking cursor will relocate so when im typing it'll add letters to a middle of a word or something. also sometimes the mouse doesnt move like i'm moving it. and my internet broswers close randomly. it's off an on though, so hopefully it's not something too serious.
ssad.gif

its annoying though! *shakes fist*

IslandGirl77

I have been using AVG free for a year and some change now. The version I have they started charging for, but I beleive they still have a free version. PC Mag had this software on their list of top free anti-virus programs. For Pop up's I have 12 Ghost pop up blocker which is great you can google it and it's free as well. And I also use Ad Muncher. This thing kills all ads of any kind you can even do a test online to see how many ads it kills. Looks like they started charging for 12 Ghosts too, sorry. Geez, all the good stuff they eventually start charging for I guess.

kaliraksha

I also use AVG free... after like 6 months it wants you to purchase it but then I uninstall and reinstall their later version of the free one =(

I know it's bad!

I also use/run Spybot search and destroy and Adaware every 2 weeks or so.

ilovexnerdsx

i tried to install AVG free but it said it wanted the liscence/retail number or something like that, and there didnt seem to be a way to get around it. am i missing something?

thank you all for your help...usually i am pretty good with computers but my mind isn't working today :confused:

giz2000

Try Avast...I have had really good results with it for the past couple of years, and it's free.

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
Try Avast...I have had really good results with it for the past couple of years, and it's free.

I used this one before too, and it worked pretty good.

Chic 2k6

type in Ad-Aware SE Personal into google or type in Lavasoft, thats where i get my antivirus from for free. its pretty good

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexnerdsx
i tried to install AVG free but it said it wanted the liscence/retail number or something like that, and there didnt seem to be a way to get around it. am i missing something?

You have to download the Free Version which is quite well hidden! The direct link to it is here. It won't prompt for a licence number.

Latest posts