Anxiety and Panic attacks

Pascal

ssad.gif

Hi eveyone... Lately I have been having horrible anxiety/Panic attacks and that's normal for me to expect if it's right before that time of the month but I have been getting attacks for the past 10 days like crazy and it's not even that time of the month.. I feel like I am losing control, like I'm afraid, Im angry, Im confused, my thoughts are constantly clouded and foggy, I explode on people. The other day I got angry with my best friend and spit on him.... I have NEVER spit on anyone in my life and it's the lowest thing you can do to a person. I cried and begged him to forgive me. All of my reactions are all based on anger and not controlling it. Im losing control. I even explode on my mom when she asks me to spend the night at her and my dads house. I never use to do that. I barely work when Im at my desk, I barely do anything, I don't exercise, I just want to cry all day or throughout the day. I dont know why I'm such an emotional rollercoaster. I do take anti anxiety pills but not everyday. I take them after I have had an anxiety attack, so it's too late. I even feel like I don't want to live at times. I was not like this until recently. I strongly believe that everything I have been through this year with my family, all the drama and separations and fights they have had amongst themselves has caused me to bottle it up for the past 9 months or so. While they fought I was the neutral one watching , listening or I was their shoulder to cry one. I don't really have anyone to talk to about what I have been through for the past 9 months so I have kept it inside and I haven't cried in a long time and I can feel it all coming out when I get anxiety attacks. I feel like the attacks are the result of me keeping it in so long that it's causing me to explode on people that don't deserve it. I know that people are prescribed anti anxiety or anti depressants that they feel weak if they take them, I am one of those people. I actually am afraid that I have to take a pill everyday just to feel balanced and not go crazy and that I will become addicted... That's why I don't take them everyday. But I think that I may have to start taking a pill everyday to help me because I am getting worse everyday.... BTW the only reason I was ever prescribed anti anxiety pills was because I told my doctor that when I get around that time of the month I lose control and cry and feel scared and he told me it was anxiety and he was right, but I was only supposed to take the pills before or during my period to help me cope with that emotional hormonal rollercoaster I go through when it's that time of the month, but now I am having attacks almost 3 times a day and the only way for me to cope is by taking this medication daily.

Sorry for my rant, just so frustrated and clouded in my thoughts... I'm sure we can all relate to anxiety in some way.

Thanks for reading

NutMeg

Wow, sounds like you need a hug. From reading your thread about your family I think you're probably right in guessing that the stress from that situation is adding to your anxiety.

My biggest point is this. You absolutely must go back to the doctor who prescribed these anti-anxiety pills and explain that the situation has changed. You have no idea if it is or is not appropriate to be taking them on a more regular basis than what was prescribed, and you need to find that out as soon as possible. It might be that he wants you to start taking them daily, or he may put you on an entirely different medication that is more appropriate for daily use. Do not feel bad about this, clearly you aren't coping at all right now, and it's time to take some serious action. No one should have to live with the kind of anxiety you are describing, and there are solutions.

My next point, I seem to recall you mentioned in the other thread that you were in therapy for a while but not at the moment. Please take that up again, I think you really need a safe place to express your emotions, and while Specktra is great you need to be addressing this with a professional.

Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg
Wow, sounds like you need a hug. From reading your thread about your family I think you're probably right in guessing that the stress from that situation is adding to your anxiety.

My biggest point is this. You absolutely must go back to the doctor who prescribed these anti-anxiety pills and explain that the situation has changed. You have no idea if it is or is not appropriate to be taking them on a more regular basis than what was prescribed, and you need to find that out as soon as possible. It might be that he wants you to start taking them daily, or he may put you on an entirely different medication that is more appropriate for daily use. Do not feel bad about this, clearly you aren't coping at all right now, and it's time to take some serious action. No one should have to live with the kind of anxiety you are describing, and there are solutions.

My next point, I seem to recall you mentioned in the other thread that you were in therapy for a while but not at the moment. Please take that up again, I think you really need a safe place to express your emotions, and while Specktra is great you need to be addressing this with a professional.

Hi Nutmeg cute name btw !!! yes it is from my family for sure and I do have an app with the doctor this month, the pills also are to be taken as needed... as for counseling I hate Kaiser cause it's hard to see your counselor cause they are always booked, but I think your right, maybe I should see my therapist again on a regular basis that would really help. Sometimes our answer is in front of us but it's hard to reach for the solution and make that call ... sometimes you just feel like you don't want to even get up in the morning...

ratmist

I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety too.

Do you have any kind of support structure outside of your doctor or therapist? Without my friends and my husband, my attacks would devastate my life completely rather than ruining an afternoon or evening. If you haven't told friends or family, you should. If you can find someone close to you that you can trust, talk to them and start getting whatever you've bottled up out of your system. Until I started opening up and talking about the reasons I was getting so anxious, my friends and family couldn't understand why I was falling apart, and I couldn't feel better.

*hugs* Good luck to you.

BloodyWellRight

I'm so sorry to hear about that *hugs* I have horrible social anxiety and I hate hearing people having to go through the same thing. I don't have any advice really that hasn't already been said, just know that you don't have to go through this alone, it's always best to talk to people about it <3

Latest posts