any arty people here? need help :)

as_cute_as_pie

hey i have a project to do about ME basically all about who you are as a person and what you want to be
ok how am i suposed to turn this into a project if i couldnt even write it down in words about who i am and what i want to be lol
any ideas AT all would be helpful
smiles.gif

thanks!

laperle

OMG! I'd love to make a project about my perception of ME. It would be a performatic act, in my case.
greengrin.gif

You could tell us about you so we could help you out. What is this project for?

MzzRach

If you can't think of words to write - how about using pictures/visuals? You could create a kind of mixed media collage that reflects different aspects of who you are and the things you love. You coujld use anything and everything from a photo booth strip to a ticket stub from the last movie you saw to a swipe of your favourite lip colour. Endless possibilities.

Since I am a visual person, that is the type of thing I would do for a project like that. Let us know what you end up doing!

TamEva Le Fay

If it's going to be a presentation, I would incorporate audio clips of you talking with your visuals.

Talk about your personal world philosophy...ambitions, idols, influences...what you feel make the world go 'round!

Explore the one thing that makes you different from the other 6+Billion other people on the planet, and what allows you to be comfortable just being like every other person as well - what presses your humanitarian button the most.
yes.gif

Think about having someone interview you on tape - as if you were some huge celebrity and the most special person in the world...cuz you are!
thmbup.gif

Shaquille

Pictures!! I've seen a friend of mine doing a project like this.

What she did.. she spotted someone on the street that have similar height and hair color as she does. Then she told that person to pose whatever she likes to do:
- taking a photograph with a DSLR
- browsing the internet
- eating Chinese
- painting
HTH

as_cute_as_pie

god i missed out loads of detail lol
its basically for a art course ill be starting in a few months. you should end up with a sketchbook and a final piece. it says to use mixed media. photos, textiles so..
i havn't done a project for a few years so im kinda rusty lol

uh_oh_disco

Hey chuck, the last project I did was basically the same. What I did was to start with a sort of mood board, just pictures of stuff I like, friends, family, movie posters, lyrics of songs, my house etc on one side and stuff I don't like on the other and decided which route I wanted to take - a project on the brighter or darker side of me?

I then looked at artists/ art forms I like and drew inspiration from them (I merged Alex Pardee and body mods) and thought up a basic idea of what I wanted to do (a sculpture with some of my thoughts over it).

Some people did boxes all nicely decorated which opened to painting and collages of stuff about them, some did canvas work based on their morals or quotes which mean a lot to them, somebody made a dress out of letters and pictures...There's so much to do if you just sit down and think hard :] Good luck!

as_cute_as_pie

wow thanks for being so helpful
ive had a few more ideas of things like i work in a shoe store part time so wanted to take pics of loads of diff shoes all on me then another pic in a big pile to show the messy side of me
basically stuff i like so e.g most of my clothes are dresses so i could have a page with some of mine and other designers which i like and could also add in material samples etc
so i could do pages like-
i love clothes
i love friends
etc etc and could also add a few drawings
smiles.gif

anyone think this sounds like a bad idea? lol

Beauty Mark

Could you use video for some of it that's more active?

I think music or utilizing quotes could be really useful if you can't come up with the words yourself.

TDoll

What about a collage? You wouldn't have to incorporate words at all. You could add all kinds of pictures and whatnot that represent you. Favorite colors, textures, whatever. Just make it totally random. Add some actual pics of yourself. Maybe shape them like puzzle pieces and make them 3-d. Like make some stand out further than others and mount it in a large frame.
I love art shtuff.