any contact lens wearers here that have naturally dry eyes?

orodwen

what are you wearing that's the most comfortable? do any of you have astigmatism? i want to give contact lenses another go sometime this year & my son wants to try them for the 1st time. i have dry eyes, he has an astigmatism & we live in a semi-arid climate. tia!
smiles.gif

pale blue

When I used the 2 week disposables, I used Acuvue's Hydraclear. They're called Oasys now, but they seem to be the same thing. It's specifically for dry eyes, and they were really comfortable..it really did feel like I had no contacts on.

I know Acuvue does make a lens for astigmatism, but mine is so slight that my doctor advised me against getting them because it wouldn't make that much of a difference. I have tried on the ones for astigmatism (1 trial pair), and you can definitely feel it's there. Actually everytime you blink you can see/feel it move slightly which my doctor warned me about..but said it was normal. This was a few years ago, maybe the astigmatism lenses have changed now, I'm not sure?

Now I just use the dailies, because I'm so lazy. I am thinking of going back to the Oasys/Hydraclear ones since the daily lenses are a bit pricey.

HTH
smiles.gif

adrianneg

I've tried so many contacts and Acuvue 2 is the only ones that I use now. I think Acuvue also came out with a type for astigmatism.

blueyedlady87

For cleaner and saline, I recommend the AO Sept system. It is the best at getting them really, super clean. Just be sure you rinse them w/ Saline before you put them in your eyes, other wise it will burn like hell. Also, getting the lenses cleaner, helped my to be able to wear them more comfortably. Good luck!

gambitlizard

I have a serious astigmatism and I wear Baush & Laum Softlens 66 Toric. They are really comfortable. However, I also have dry eyes and must use drops about 1-2 times per day. If I'm not lazy and use Refresh PM eye lubricant at night, I can go without drops during the day.
The reason you feel Torics move is because astigmatism lenses must rotate to give the vision correction (since astigmatism is a malformed cornea).
HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie_doll_713
For cleaner and saline, I recommend the AO Sept system. It is the best at getting them really, super clean. Just be sure you rinse them w/ Saline before you put them in your eyes, other wise it will burn like hell. Also, getting the lenses cleaner, helped my to be able to wear them more comfortably. Good luck!

Barbie - can you use this with soft lenses? I've been wanting to get the protein deposits off mine and make them last longer.

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitlizard
Barbie - can you use this with soft lenses? I've been wanting to get the protein deposits off mine and make them last longer.

Yes you can! I wear soft lenses. I just have to point out that if your eyes are extremely sensitive, this cleaner probably woulnt be your best bet. Also, you *have* to rinse your lenses w/ saline before putting them into your eyes. But this stuff is awesome at cleaning protein deposits. You can literally hear it fizzing, so you know it's cleaning them really good. Plus I'm legally blind and this stuff cleans my lenses so good, they tend to last longer. HTH!!

litlaur

I wear Softlens 66 Toric. I'm pretty happy with them, but they start to feel a little uncomfortable a couple of hours before I usually go to bed or if I'm at a bar (or elsewhere around a lot of smoke). I really want to try Acuvue Advance for Astigmatism, but I have to wait until I finish the Softlens.

I used Coopervision Vertex before. These were terrible. I'd recommend NEVER getting these.

gambitlizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur
I used Coopervision Vertex before. These were terrible. I'd recommend NEVER getting these.

I second that! I felt like I had plates in my eyes! Horrible!

Latest posts