Any design savvy people out there?

allie02044

I need help putting together the interior design of a salon. the color scheme is pink, silver and black. (with some white). im totally open to all suggestions. -im using a lot of glass-type things, to get the clean look, but want a trendy, girly feel. i REALLY need help for painting the walls, and what to do on the floor. -right now it has old wood floors that desperately need some help! again, thanks soo much!!

Jessica

Wooden floors are classic. I would say spend the $$ and have them stripped and waxed. They will be warm, inviting and give the space a comfortable ambiance that will welcome customers back.

allie02044

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulxdisaster
Will it be nails only or is it hair/nails/beauty or what?

nails and makeup :)

allie02044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
Wooden floors are classic. I would say spend the $$ and have them stripped and waxed. They will be warm, inviting and give the space a comfortable ambiance that will welcome customers back.

they are BAD. lol. i dont really want wood floors anyway... too warm. :) thanks!!!

AlliSwan

Okay, my dad's in interior decorator and after fighting it for years I am going to work for him and then take over the family business, hopefully with a larger scope. I've gotten a few painting projects under my belt, from redoing the dressing rooms in a clothing store to doing an entire store as a jungle with awesome walls and a painted waterfall and huge fabric flowers "growing" out of the wall....

As for the salon, a new big thing is to keep wood floors and PAINT them. If you get the right sealant they don't get scraped up. If you just buffed them down you could paint them a complementary shade to the place. Or go with tile because carpet ain't gonna do it in a salon, it looks cheap in my opinion. Is the look more modern with black and bright/baby pink and silver, or more muted/earthy with dusty pink and silver? You could always paint each wall a slightly different shade of pink and use the black and silver as accents on the wall, either just splashes of color for a more modern look, or stencil poetry or pictures onto the wall for a more structured feel. Good luck, we wanna see pictures when it's done!

melozburngr

i fyou wanted to go retro, you could tile the floor with black and white 12" x 12" tiles- the specific kind Im thinking are called VCT- Vinyl Commercial Tile- they are made to withstand a lot of traffic- and last for a really long time..

or.. if you aren't into that much work.. try painting the floor with almost a tye dye pattern starting at the middle of the salon with black and pink and silver and white thick wavy sections going from the center point out until the floor is covered... that might look cool..

allie02044

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan11
Okay, my dad's in interior decorator and after fighting it for years I am going to work for him and then take over the family business, hopefully with a larger scope. I've gotten a few painting projects under my belt, from redoing the dressing rooms in a clothing store to doing an entire store as a jungle with awesome walls and a painted waterfall and huge fabric flowers "growing" out of the wall....

As for the salon, a new big thing is to keep wood floors and PAINT them. If you get the right sealant they don't get scraped up. If you just buffed them down you could paint them a complementary shade to the place. Or go with tile because carpet ain't gonna do it in a salon, it looks cheap in my opinion. Is the look more modern with black and bright/baby pink and silver, or more muted/earthy with dusty pink and silver? You could always paint each wall a slightly different shade of pink and use the black and silver as accents on the wall, either just splashes of color for a more modern look, or stencil poetry or pictures onto the wall for a more structured feel. Good luck, we wanna see pictures when it's done!

wow!! im in FL too! -where are you at?-
anyway... yeah im going for more modern. i really like the idea of stenciling on the wall. i am most likely painting the floor. my idea is a sliverish, but i dont know if that will work or not? i have 4 walls to paint... im looking for pictures for colors, and im not finding much.... grrr...

Latest posts