Any good MAC Shadestick Dupes?

Rudyru

I'm quite angry that M.A.C. is slowly doing away with their Shade sticks...I cannot find Shark Skin anywhere in this big town of Las Vegas...nor can I find anymore of the blue shade stick. (I use it tons and I can't even remember the name. lol) That stick makes all my blues pop like beaten up disco ball.

So, no more of my whining...any one have any good recommendations? I'm absolutely desperate, so I'm willing to try anything. Fire away girls!

thmbup.gif

banjobama

I like Shiseido Integrate eyeshadow pencils. The dark dark metallic grey one is my favorite and I use it for a Sharkskin dupe because to me it's softer than a Shadestick and easier to find where I live. Integrate is a drugstore brand here in Japan so unfortunately I don't know where you would find it in the states. The pencil was about $8-9.

Kiss and Makeup

I've had the same problems with Sharkskin, and it makes me sad. I've heard NYX Jumbo Crayons are really good. There's a LOT of colors, and they're pretty cheap ($3.50 each!) Here's a link.

Heiaken

Have you tried paint pots in replacing s/s? Blackground for Sharkskin and Delf for Sea Me (if that was the blue you were talking about). Also Gosh makes stick eyeshadows that are waterproof that have the same style and consistensy as s/s, though they don't have the same colour range.
:: GOSH COSMETICS ::

PollyRhythm

If you have a nordstrom that's close to you, the Gold Fever collection that came out in September had the Sharkskin s/s and it's on their website also. They had Sea Me up there for the longest and then when I went to buy it, it was gone which was a little before Gold Fever came out.

PollyRhythm

Hmm, scratch what I said about Sharkskin being on Nordstom's site seeing as it's not there for some reason. You might have better luck calling one of their stores. HTH.

carandru

You could also try the l'oreal Hip products. I have several of their shadestick versions and they work really well as a base. If you want to stick w/ MAC I would try a paint point or a fluidline as a base.

Lizzie

I second the loreal hip ones! They are an awesome base because they don't smudge. Only thing is that they aren't as creamy as shadesticks.... but for that same reason they last longer on me.

Sanayhs

I believe you can find MUFE flash colours in stick form, and those seem to punch colours up a fair bit.

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Maybelline and Lancome also have something like shadesticks.

Will check them out tomorrow! Thank you!

chirufus

iagree.gif
the Maybelline ones are good and they really are waterproof. And they have a little sharpener at the end.

The price is also good, I paid 6.90€
http://users.telenet.be/chirufus/Mayshadstick.JPG

I also have too from Gosh they are ok and for the one in Belgium and the Netherlands they from HEMA "Miss Helen Waterproof eyeshader" are very good ones for their price.

capmorlovesmac

6.90? Sounds like a good deal! Are they easy to blend and good as a base for e/s? Soft jungle is one of the sticks I want to check out. Thank you!
smiles.gif

chirufus

It's green. I bought it to use it as a base for my es fresh green mix the one from the electro flash collection.

I use all my eyeshadow sticks as base, because they are a bit cheaper than paintpots or shadesticks.

capmorlovesmac

th_DANCE.gif
Thank you! I had a lot of coffee today but I could go to my bed right now!
NeedCoffee.gif

So I didn't realize that there are two sticks on the picture.. silly tired me!
lol.gif

Thanks again for the picture
th_hug.gif
. Can't wait to check them out tomorrow.