Any nail technicians out there can help please?

LoopyLoo

I've bent my acrylic nail backwards on my middle finger. Its broken accross the nail entirely just above the half moon of my nail and ripped half of the nail underneath off with it vertically. It's stopped bleeding but is incredibley painful as I'm sure you can all imagine. Of course the whole acrylic nail and half of my own nail is still attached firmly to my finger. A soak off with acetone is out of the question due to the pain of the raw weeping nail bed underneath on the ripped off side.

Any ideas for me?
ssad.gif

Half N Half

Owww, sorry about that!! Well I'm not a nail technician, but I'd take a trip to the doctor to see if they can remove the acrylic and make sure you don't get some sort of infection. I'm guessing they would anesthesize it before they get down to business.

MAC_Whore

Agreed, go see your doc. Nail infections can be a bitch to get rid of and the drugs used to treat them are hard on your body. Best to avoid it with a quick trip to the doc. Hope you feel better soon
smiles.gif

gildedangel

I agree with the above, go see your doctor, it sounds like a bad injury that needs to be dealt with sooner rather than later. Trust me, it is much cheaper to take that trip to the doctor than to have to pay for nail infection treatments.

girloflowers

i agree with the above posters

and i cringed violently when i read the description
hope it gets better soon
oooowwww

LoopyLoo

Thanks everyone, I shall go this evening to the doctors. I can feel my heart beating in my finger and I had to take painkillers to get to sleep last night. So painful for such a small thing!!
We don't think I ought to go back to the nail tehnician in the first instance, then?

LoopyLoo

Just to let you all know what happened. Went to doc's, who packed me off to the hospital where they removed the entire nail. I have precautionary antibiotics and cream to apply and have to go every 2 days to see the nurse who'll change the dressings and I'm wearing a strange looking finger glove that ties around the wrist. They gave me 3 injections right into the nail bed before removing the nail - agony. Last night was a sleepless one.
Needless to say, the stern lecture I received on acrylic nails was all too expected.

BEA2LS

i hope you feel better,
ssad.gif
i will probably never have fake nails in any sense again, though I know this does not happen all of the time.
thanks for keeping us posted.

Half N Half

Oh goodness, that sounds painful! Well I'm glad you went to the doc and got it taken care of. Hope you feel better soon! And I think you just made me never want to get acrylics again lol

hello_kitty

I have a fear of nail injuries (I know, weird fear to have), and I'm literally aching for you right now! I almost had that happen to me a few times when I had gel nails, but luckily never did more than chip off tips if I jammed the nail into something.

I wish you luck, and I hope everything turns out alright! I'm sure it will since you're getting treatment and the proper antibiotics.

nichollecaren

it does sound like you had it taken care of...I'm sorry about all the pain you endured. Reading your description my own finger started to feel strange
cry.gif

Get better soon.

NutMeg

Oh god, that brought back memories of when I had to have my toe nail removed. Getting needles into your nail bed is one of the most unpleasant experiences out there.

LMD84

woah! you are so brave! i don't think i could sit still and let a dr put a needle in my finger and nail bed! i hope it gets better soon
th_hug.gif