Any online daters? Anyone who have found love online?

ThePowderPuff

Beside from being a makeup fanatic I am also a freelance writer, and I just got assigned to write about online dating, and my deadline is the day after tomorrow. So I need help. Bad.

My problem is finding cases. I am writing about online dating, and I need to find women who are og have been online dating. I am looking for both people who have found love online and those who are still seeking. I am looking for the good stories, and they can be pretty much anything, as long as they are educative, entertaining, fun, makes you laugh, etc.

So are anyone of you online daters? Or have you met through Facebook, SMS or anything like that? Then please write me and tell me a little about yourself right away, I will be very gratefull!

Corvs Queen

Hi there! I met my husband on Billy-Corgan.com in February of 2004. We got engaged in April 2004. He asked me over the phone as I was still in North Carolina, U.S.A. and he was in Tirol, Austria. We had never met in person prior to our engagement. He mailed my engagement ring to me. In July of 2004 I moved to Austria and in August 2004 (six months exactly since we "met" online) we got married. We have been together for six years now (7 in August) and now have a 3 year old son. We just bought a house and we are happy as ever.

About Billy-Corgan.com. It no longer exists. It was a fan community for the lead singer of the 90's band The Smashing Pumpkins which is both mine and my husband favorite band of all time. I started a thread in the forums titled "WANTED: Smashing Pumpkins lovin' man". I got some strange replies but eventually my soon to be huband private messaged me and we began chatting. Then it turned into full on emails every single day. Then phone calls at all hours until I moved here.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to message me. I love talking about love. :D

Corvs Queen

http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/111066/internet-relationships-and-matches

This thread may help too. :D

ThePowderPuff

Hi there! I met my husband on Billy-Corgan.com in February of 2004. We got engaged in April 2004. He asked me over the phone as I was still in North Carolina, U.S.A. and he was in Tirol, Austria. We had never met in person prior to our engagement. He mailed my engagement ring to me. In July of 2004 I moved to Austria and in August 2004 (six months exactly since we "met" online) we got married. We have been together for six years now (7 in August) and now have a 3 year old son. We just bought a house and we are happy as ever.

About Billy-Corgan.com. It no longer exists. It was a fan community for the lead singer of the 90's band The Smashing Pumpkins which is both mine and my husband favorite band of all time. I started a thread in the forums titled "WANTED: Smashing Pumpkins lovin' man". I got some strange replies but eventually my soon to be huband private messaged me and we began chatting. Then it turned into full on emails every single day. Then phone calls at all hours until I moved here.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to message me. I love talking about love. :D
WOW! That is such a cool story! Can you tel me more about yourself? How old are you? What do you do where you live?

LMD84

Chrissy that is such an awesome story about you and your husband! i had no idea! :)

and sorry but i have never done any online dating (when i was dating the internet wasn't as popular as it is now!) but in the thread that chrissy has linked you to there are many ladies who have found love there!

User38

Sweet Katjamo.. and good going.. best of luck to you and your family!!

I would probably meet the next Ted Bundy
cry.gif

arvika

I think in this day and age, finding love online is a lot more realistic than expecting to find a lifelong romantic partner in your neck of the woods. Think of all the great guys and girls you're missing out on if you don't expand your horizons! As long as you have every intention to carry your relationship into real life, there is no reason people shouldn't date online!

euphrosyne_rose

I know this is after the fact, but I just recently joined an online dating site after being persuaded by some friends. They kind of just told me that there's no harm in it and it would be a great way to meet people and the least I could do, especially since sometimes it's hard to meet people. They told me that if I found I wasn't into it, to just cancel the subscription after a month. I joined right before Christmas, probably around the 15th and already I'm talking to about 3 guys. Bachelor 1 was the first one to email me and we did the usual "you seem nice, your profile sounded interesting" dance and since then, we've been texting almost every day, have met for coffee (just this past weekend), have talked on the phone a few times (usually for about 2 hours or more) and we have plans to go to the movies on Saturday. We have alot in common and I'm very interested in seeing how things go. He's not really much of a "texter" I've found, but when we are in person or on the phone, we pretty much don't stop talking. I'm 32 and he's 39.

Bachelor 2 is 26 and I do feel a little strange talking to someone younger than me. He "winked" at me first, then I winked back and then he emailed me. We exchanged a few emails and then on NYE, he gave me his number and asked if I was free the next weekend (which is this weekend) and we started texting back and forth almost immediately. We have not spoken on the phone but I'm supposed to have dinner with him on Sunday. So far from his pictures, I think he's immensely attractive but that's not to say I'm not attracted to #1. The more I talk to 1, the more I feel like I need to maybe concentrate on one person.

Bachelor 3 and I have been chatting back and forth for just a couple of days but he wants to go to dinner soon as well and frankly, I'm getting a little overwhelmed. He's around the same age as I am. I know that I have no committment to any of them and I'm perfectly free to talk to all 3, but part of me feels guilty for it. My best friend has been trying to get me to see that this is a great opportunity and I should take it for what it is and get to know all of them and then of course "eliminate" as time goes on and I know she's right, especially since technically I've only been on one date so far and haven't made it to the other 2 dates yet. I think part of it too is that this has never happened to me before. I've never in my entire life had THREE guys interested in me at the same time. Usually it's always been one guy and I stick with that til it either does or doesn't work out so I think that's what's a bit overwhelming for me. My bestie even pointed out that if we're all on the same site, then it follows we are all doing the same thing and I'm probably not the only one they are talking to or dating either. I know this is true and yet I still feel a bit out of my element. She's pointed out too that just b/c I'm talking to all of them, doesn't mean it'll work out with any of them and I know this too but I don't want to overextend myself either.

Has anyone with experience with online dating had a situation similar that they can give me some feedback or advice on before I go nuts? I know I need to relax and just go with it, but I'm finding it hard to just "let it be" for now. I don't want to hurt any feelings and I'd love to have as little drama as possible. HELP!! LOL.

Latest posts