Any recommendations for drugstore eyeliner?

howleekorian

I used to use Cover Girl's eyeliner in black because my mom always used that product and I didn't know any better, but wow did I find out how terrible it is. I then switched to Almay black, which had better pigmentation, but I still wanted a bit more.

I then tried Urban Decay 24/7 in zero and the color is amazing... BUT it smears everywhere and I look like a zombie after wearing it for 10minutes.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good black eyeliner with similar color payoff to Urban Decay without the smear effect?

Thanks for your help in advance!

mizuki~

I'm not sure about pencil liners but if you're fine with gel liner I would say go for L'Oreal HIP's gel liners. They're as good, if not better, than MACs fluidlines. Or if you want liquid liner, L'Oreal Linear Intense

Urban Decay's Zero smudges a bit on me too (damn you oily lids..) and to minimize smudging I tap some black eyeshadow over it to set it

LMD84

i really like l'oreal kohl liner
smiles.gif
it lasts ages on the waterline and is quite cheap. about £6 in the uk
smiles.gif

fresh76

I know you aren't a fan of Cover Girl anymore, but definitely give their Exact Eyelights eye-brightening eyeliner a try! I bought the black one, and while it doesn't brighten anything at all, it stays on ALL DAY. i've had better luck with this than higher end pencil eyeliners! (UD 24/7 smudges a lot on me, i've tried MUFE's aqua liners, etc etc). I would definitely go buy more CG eyeliners!

Almond_Eyed

Try Annabelle products if you have access to them, they're sold at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. They have lots of different eye khol colours.

ThePowderPuff

I love Rimmels eyeliner. The retractable ones. They are really excellent and cost almost nothing.

I don't know how they are compared to Urban Decay, because I have never tried those. We don't have them here i Denmark.

Gosh eyeliners are also really good, cheap and come in many, many colours, if you can get thoes in your country.

MzzRach

I agree with the Loreal HIP creme eyeliner recommendation. It's great quality - not a pencil, but the wear is excellent.

fash10nista

If you use liquid eyeliner, I discovered that Jordana's INColor FabuLiner is a comparable alternative to MAC's Penultimate eyeliner...

I dust loose powder on my lids first so that it has something to stick to and it lasts throughout the day for me...

The only con is that if you turn on the waterworks, you'll end up looking like a raccoon like I did!
shockt.gif

thiscarmen

If you're looking for a pencil liner, I'd definitely recommend the Revlon Colorstay Eye Pencil. It's amazingly waterproof, and it's so soft and creamy that there isn't a need to pull or tug. There's also a pretty good color payoff.

If you're looking for liquid, go for Maybelline LineWorks Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. It has a stiff felt tip so it's really easy to put eyeliner, and really easy to change the thickness of the line too.

VeXedPiNk

For pencil eyeliners, go with Bonnebell all the way! Their black is one of the blackest pencils I've ever used and it stays put all day - even on the waterline.

For liquid eyeliners, I use the Rimmel Glam Eyes liner. I love it more than Fluidlines!!! The brush is really tiny and allows for super precise application.

bunee

for pencil eyeliner, i highly recommend gosh . i did a comparison test between gosh eyeliner and MUFE aqua eyes liner for my blog a couple of days ago and to my surprise, it actually held slightly better than MUFE aqua eyes . but if youre in US, i dont think gosh is too available .. so if not gosh, i love loreal extra intense liquid pencil eye liner .

for liquid, i love revlon colorstay liquid eyeliner . not only it doesnt smudge and last all day, its felt tip applicator feels like a pen giving you all the control you need to make the perfect line .

kittykit

Gosh has really good eyeliners, especially the Velvet Touch eyeliners. They come in a lot of colours and they are long lasting. UD 24/7 are my favourite eyeliners
smiles.gif
I've oily eyelids but they don't smear on me. Do you use an eye shadow primer before applying 24/7?

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I second Annabelle smoothliners.

I third the recommendation for Annabelle. Not sure if you have access to them though but they have amazingly smooth and long lasting eyeliners

jazmatazz

Pencil: I've heard good things about Presige's pencil liners.

Liquid: Loreal Lineur intense is a fabulous felt tip liquid liner.

Gel: I just picked up the Wet and Wild gel liner in a pot for my sister today, it's supposed to be great too and super affordable, it was around 4 dollars.