Any recs for a smoky eye using MAC?Also, any links to pics?

Demosthenes

I was thinking of using Carbon and Black Tied, with maybe Naked Lunch to highlight. Does that sound ok? Her eyes are really tiny though, and I'm afraid I'll make them look too small. Any tips? I'm really bad at doing creaseless Asian eyes.

beautifulxdisaster

I think using a dark green or dark purple with lighter shimmery green or lighter shimmery purple would not be as harsh or closing as black smokey eyes.

Demosthenes

She is wearing black (with a few pink accents), and asked for black/silvery shades.
smiles.gif
I do agree with you though... I should bring some purples just in case it gets too harsh.

What kinds of purples would you recommend?

Demosthenes

That sounds really pretty. Are purples the better way to go? She's wearing a tiny bit of pink... I was thinking just of trying to dissuade her from the smoky look and going with a pretty pink combo. :p

Any blush recs?

LOL, I'm so lazy... I can't seem to come up with good combos right now. >_<

rouquinne

i'm the worst person for blush recommendations - i wear NARS Orgasm with almost EVERYTHING!

why not do a smoky look with pink and navy, like Intoxicate???

obsessed_girl07

Demosthenes said:
She is wearing black (with a few pink accents), and asked for black/silvery shades.
smiles.gif
I do agree with you though... I should bring some purples just in case it gets too harsh.

ITA...having the small slant Japonee eyes (I :thankfully: have a small crease though) When I tried to do the whole smokey eye thing with a black color, it came out okay...but it did make my eyes look smaller. I think a darker purple (?what purple though) would be nicer...
GOOD LUCK!

ms.marymac

What about Print and Forgery or Idol Eyes? I sometimes put Bare Canvas under Print to lighten it up a bit. After doing that and blending the lighter color into it, it doesn't look as harsh.

beautifulxdisaster

I think lining very very thin with grape pigment on Outer 2/3 and all of bottom of eye and useing Parfait Amour as lid color. Mark where you want the e/s to end (the highest point the e/s will be) with her eyes open, then fill in the eyeshadow. Then maybe grape again or Nocturnelle on the Outer V. For shimmery look I say put brush in mixing medium so it does not look bland.

Shawna

I love the smokey eye look, but I am so pale it always looks like I have black eyes. What I do instead is use Crystal e/s on the inner half of the eye and Nocturnelle e/s on the crease and outer edge. Then I use silver star powder (from make up for ever, but I'm sure Mac silver pigment would work) and use that along the lash line and right at the bottom outer edge of the eye. That way it looks smokey, but not overly dark. HTH.

Beauty Marked!

On Wednesday night, I did a great smokey eye using Contrast wet on the lid and Deep Truth on the outer V and crease. I used Arena as a subtle wash. I also lined my lower lid with contrast wet and used lashings of black mascara. My colouring is NC 47. I really wish I could figure out how to post my pics, but I am a bit dumb that way. :roll:

I really thought this was a stand out smokey eye. I got tons of compliments on it too.

HTH
thmbup.gif

princess_jenilee

I second PRINT!!! it is my fav for smokey......then i line the eyes with carbon or the blacktrack fluidline. I usually use graphito paint underneath the print and maybe shroom as a highlight.

coma_white

I like to use shroom as a base/highlighter, swipe electra from lash line to brow line, and blend greystone in a V-shape on the outer crease. Then I put forgery on the inner corner, and line with smolder and carbon.

mrskloo

For a smoky look I usually use: Black Tied as liner, Print, Behold and Prismique as highlighter.