Any suggestions for a 'look' for my boyfriends birthday?

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

Hey guys!

So I am planning ahead early but I really want to get things right this year! It's a special birthday for my boyfriend in April and I want to suprise him by taking to a suite in a gorgeous hotel where we live that we stayed in together once before. As part of the package I am booking, we get a nights stay in the hotel plus a £120 bar tab to spend on drinks and in the restraunt. I am going to take him for a suprise meal then arrange for a few of his friends to meet us in the bar afterwards. The place is pretty fancy but also very cool and modern and attracts the local 'it' crowd so I want to look the part!

I have attatched a picture of the dress I am planning on wearing (with a small satin clutch bag and black patent nine west killer heels) and a photo of us (it's the first one I've ever posted here...! Eeeek!). I think the dress is much like the one Lindsay Lohan is wearing in this pic except mine is blue http://www.luxurylaunches.com/entry_...-fashion_1.jpg

Hair-wise, I am planning on getting it cut on the day so it looks all nice and neat and wearing it half-up and half down (like in the pic) but might use a bumpit or instant beehive to give the up part some lift. I am also going to wear my extenstions and put in some loose curls too. I'm really unsure of jewlerry at the moment too! I may wear my Tiffany padlock chain!

I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding what type of 'look' would be appropriate for my make up and any nail ideas? Any ideas would be most welcome as my boyfriend and I see each other all the time so he is used to all my usual looks and I want to pull something different out the bag! I don't want him to get bored of me! I want to do something different but also like the classy look so dont want to go ott with colours!

Thanks so much in advance and I look forward to hearing your replies ladies!
greengrin.gif

MzzRach

That dress is gorgeous, and love the pic of you and your man.

I would do a sultry smokey eye, glowing skin (a soft pink-peach blush topped with a soft highlighter on the cheekbones) and nude peachy pink lips.

Without knowing what your "usual look" is (and therefore I do not know if you do this type of look on a regular basis already), this is what comes to my mind first. Sexy and sultry, but classy.
winkiss.gif

ashley8119

wow, it looks like we have very similar coloring (skin, hair)!! anyway, i agree with the above poster and probably needing to know what you're regular look is. the look i regularly rock is the pin up look: black winged liner and red lips. so when i feel like mixing it up a bit, i try something like thicker black liner and bright magenta lips with pink cheeks/highlighter. I keep something I regularly rock the pin up liner and lipstick, sort of as a 'signature' but then I change one aspect (such as the color of the lipstick or the drama of the winged liner).

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

Thanks for your suggestions guys! Sorry I totally should have already said what my 'usual' is (silly girl!!)

I like to go for the natural look most of the time with either refined golden bronzer on my cheeks with redhead msf or a light pink blush with bobbi brown shimmerbrick in rose over it (I loveeeee glowing cheeks!) with a natural pink lip and either the pin up look on my eyes or I love to use contrustavist pp with amber lights e/s over it with tempting in the crease and black in the outer V (only a small v though). The latter is my 'going out' look whilst the other is my everyday one!
smiles.gif

Thanks for all your help so far guys!

x

ashley8119

I highly recommend a red lip with the pin up look on your eyes! I think that would look so amazing with your skin and hair! The finish (matte or glossy) is up to you, of course.

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

Which one are you wearing in your dp? You look gorgeous! It's nice to have another redhead on here!
greengrin.gif

I was thinking of buying russian red when i go to mac tomorrow (havent been in MONTHS!)

X

ashley8119

Thank you, are you a natural redhead? I'm not, I'm a natural blonde actually! I use Loreal Superior Preference in "Intense Red Copper"! Anyway, in my default picture, I am wearing NARS lipgloss in "Bloodwork".

I love Russian Red! I also love Ruby Woo! Both have a matte finish, but Ruby Woo is slightly more matte and slightly more retro looking.

BEA2LS

rockstargirl, that is a pretty dress! i agree with the red lipstick idea, classy and still very nice. if you want to switch it up you can do winged black liner and hot pink lips.. for an unexpected twist but still formal/classy.
for nails, maybe a neutral, nude color? i love bright nails but if you want to keep them everything on the formal side, nude nails never fail and i think they look so dressy and classic. or you can do a red if you do the red lips. or a french manicure, if you are into them (i personally like them time to time but know a lot of people do not)

ashley8119 - thanks for the tip! i was blonde and have been coloring my hair red for the past few months (not my first time as a redhead). i have been having trouble keeping the red as it fades.. i will try the color you mentioned, thanks
smiles.gif

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

Thanks guys! I went to find a red lipstick today and actually preferred the one called Cockney on me! I really wanted Russian Red but when I tried Cockney with Redd lipliner I was in love!

And yes, I am a natural redhead! I hate my hair! :p

x

LMD84

yes the dress you have picked is fabulous and also the picture of you and your man is so sweet!
smiles.gif
you look stunning! i would agree with Rach and say that a sexy smokey eye would look good. maybe not using carbon though... maybe use silver ring shadow or another darker grey colour rather than full on black? and then maybe add some sexy false lashes and do a pale pink lip (which you said you like!) and a nice peachy blush like spaced out.

i hope he enjoys his birthday! sounds like you have planned an amazing day!