Anyone de-pot their quads?

Beachgrl07

Does anyone do this? I know how to do it but I was wondering if anyone thought that was pointless. I have the amazon eyes quad but I have an empty 15 pan so I thought I would pull those suckers out of the quad and then save it for when I travel. What do you think?

Lauren

I've done it a few times. Mostly when I only like maybe one or two of the shadows and want to get rid of the others! I'm just anal about having original labels on my depotted eyeshadows, so taking them out of the quads kind of ticks me off. But yeah, you can never have enough 4-pans so that's a plus.

The first quad I took apart, I completely damaged one of the shadows and scratched the quad up like crazy! So if you haven't done it yet, be careful and take your time!

knoxydoll

It's a really good idea for travelling, such a space saver. So if you have room in other pallettes I'd say go for it

Eemaan

Thread on this here:

Do you depot your quads?

thmbup.gif

Aprilrobin

I do, although I haven't purchased any quads in a long time because I keep liking only one color out of them, if any.

I have a certain way I like my colors organized in my 15 pan palettes, so depot and then use the quads for B2M.

bellaetoile

i de-potted all of my quads. at first i figured i'd keep them together, because i'd want them together if i ever decided to sell, then realized it was a completewaste, because i tend to forget about eyeshadows if they aren't in my 15-pans. my quads were sitting in a drawer, untouched. finally, i went for it, de-quadded, and simply added everything together in my 15-pans. so much easier. i saved the empty quads just in case, plus it's nice to have them on hand for travelling and only taking 4 colors when i go out and want eyeshadows in my purse.

aeni

Yep. I save the empties for certain looks later on or I'll end up selling them rather than for B2M.