Anyone else get a weird Tan Pigment from MAC

1165Cheryl

I have a weird Tan that came from MAC Cosmetics that is much finer and not as "shiny" as the normal "Tan" Pigment. I also got another one recently just like it at a CCO and both where made in 2009 in the old jar style. The one from MAC I didnt notice until now when I opened it since I had plenty of stock.

I have 2 more in transit from MAC that will be in the new style jars but was wondering if anyone else had noticed a change with a 2009 batch code.

Usually when I get my stock in I make notes of all or any changes I see like my last silver fog from MAC PRO came with a shiny lid compared to normal. At times I'm so busy with orders & dont check each and every color that I get direct....

Any info about if they changed Tan, ect would be great, thanks
smiles.gif

Junkie

If I see an old style jar of Tan at the warehouse sale, I'll pick it up and let you know
smiles.gif
I didn't pick it up the last time (got Chocolate Brown instead). The jar I looked at had the same texture as the rest of the pigments I own though....we'll see.

LMD84

i bought a tan pigment with a 2009 batch code and i wouldn't say it was particularly fine.... however this is the first time i have had this pigment. i could take a photo if that helps you??

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i bought a tan pigment with a 2009 batch code and i wouldn't say it was particularly fine.... however this is the first time i have had this pigment. i could take a photo if that helps you??

That would be great, thanks. It reminds me of "violet" and how they changed that one. Before I use these Tan's I want to be sure and I wont be getting my 2 others in from MAC for another week. Even though one came from MAC awhile back I like to double check and the CCO one, well a fake could have somehow got mixed in, you never know. I make sure my stock is 100% authentic.....

I'll keep my eye out for the picture, thanks again so much
thmbup.gif

1165Cheryl

Thanks so much, thats the exact same color as the 2 weird one's I have and they are both batch # A69. I compared them to my 2005 tan and it's much different both the color and texture. I have a gut feeling they changed Tan just like they did with "violet & teal" last year and "white" a few years back. There are some colors they change without re-promoting or advertising. I like the old Tan much better as I do the old violet, teal and others. They all had the same texture and all have been changed to the same finer type. They also dont come as full (in the old jar style)

Thanks so much....I'll still wait for my MAC order but now I know these are OK. On one hand I'm happy knowing they arent fakes, on the other disappointed another great color has been changed
ssad.gif
Maybe it was just that batch since your's is the same batch# as the 2 jars I have.

As soon as my order comes in I'll update this post
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
Here's a comparison swatch..hopefully it helps. (It's the first swatch I've ever done.)

SWATCH.jpg

LMD84

oh wow! sorry i forgot all about this and taking a photo! but Marusia to the rescue right!
smiles.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
oh wow! sorry i forgot all about this and taking a photo! but Marusia to the rescue right!
smiles.gif

Thats ok
smiles.gif
I have a jar of an older batch# but just want to make sure these 2009's I got are OK. I'm pretty sure they are but part of me was hoping they werent because I like the older version much better. Since 1 came from MC and the other from a CCO is why I'm sure they are OK. Dang, they are so much different then before. I'm still waiting for my MC order to come in, I ordered 2. Once I get it I'll update what I find here. Like I mentioned below I usually check each jar that comes in from MAC to make note of any changes. With that one I didnt open the top, just checked the outside jar and box and marked the date I got it from MAC Cosmetics...I do that with all my stock from both them and MAC PRO.

1165Cheryl

Quote:

Does yours look like the other swatch?

1165Cheryl

Well I got my 2 Tans in today from MAC and they are both 2010 batch codes. MAC has not changed Tan, these look like the Tan I've always known and loved
smiles.gif
The batch A69 jars I'm throwing out....I dont care where they came from but I knew something was off. I knew they either changed the color or these were fakes.

Since the 2010 are the same as the tans I've always gotten from MAC and 2005 & 2004 jars I'm currently using we now know they didnt change the formula. If anyone has an A69 I suggest getting a sample from MAC or from a good sample seller, you'll love the "real" Tan so much better
smiles.gif
During all of this I didnt use the A69 for my business....and now I'm so glad I followed my gut and know my pigments, lol.

Marusia, where did you get your A69? Was it from MAC or a CCO? I'm still wondering if they just messed up that batch????

marusia

My sister bought it straight from the Edinburgh CCO...seriously. This is really weird. I have the receipts to show it. I didn't know that a certain batch can just be crappy, but apparently. How weird.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
My sister bought it straight from the Edinburgh CCO...seriously. This is really weird. I have the receipts to show it. I didn't know that a certain batch can just be crappy, but apparently. How weird.

Thats the weird thing, others have this same batch and they all are like this. So far I know of 3 people that got them at CCO's then 1 of mine came from MAC.

Either way I wouldnt sell this to my buyers knowing what Tan really looks like, bad batch or not. If they are fakes I have no idea how they got mixed in. Now that I know it's not reformlated is what matters the most
smiles.gif
That and writing here to let others know.

LMD84

just went to look at my tan and it turns out that it was a 2008 batch code! doh! so my photo wouldn't have been of use anyways.

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Thanks so much, thats the exact same color as the 2 weird one's I have and they are both batch # A69. I compared them to my 2005 tan and it's much different both the color and texture. I have a gut feeling they changed Tan just like they did with "violet & teal" last year and "white" a few years back. There are some colors they change without re-promoting or advertising. I like the old Tan much better as I do the old violet, teal and others. They all had the same texture and all have been changed to the same finer type. They also dont come as full (in the old jar style)

Cheryl, what do you mean they changed violet & teal last year? Did they change the formula in 2009 or something? I have 2 teal pigments, one is a sample, and the other one is vial from 2005, and so I was just curious what you meant. I want my teals to look the same
ssad.gif
TIA!

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Cheryl, what do you mean they changed violet & teal last year? Did they change the formula in 2009 or something? I have 2 teal pigments, one is a sample, and the other one is vial from 2005, and so I was just curious what you meant. I want my teals to look the same
ssad.gif
TIA!

Hi,

Both teal and violet like others (dark soul) there texture is different then a year or so ago. With both the texture is finer and not as shimmery when looking at it in the jar. The texture reminds me more of vintage gold or viz-a-violet but they do have a better color payoff this way. I've been noticing they are doing this with more of there colors,maybe they realized the finer texture is easier to use that way?? It's kinda like someone taking a full jar and mixed it over and over again. I have done swatchs of both kinds and the finer is easier to apply and the shine/shimmer is the same or close to it.

I like having both versions when they make changes, like with white, dark soul, ect. It would be nice though if they told us or made a notation on their site of the ones they have or are going to change. Buying direct helps see and keep track of the changes.

Are your 2 teals the same?

jazm1n3s

I haven't used my 2005 teal pigment on my eyes yet (got it from a swap), trying to finish the sample first, which i bought last year.
After i read your post, i tried to compare them, and maybe i was seeing things or just being too critical, but the 2005 seems yellow-er??
But i guess, it's a good thing if the new version is better
winks.gif

Thanks for the reply!