Anyone else HATE mineralize eyeshadows?!

sharkbytes

Hey gang...I was just wondering if I was alone in my blind, searing hate for mineralize eyeshadows. Everytime a collection comes out with them, I'm so tempted because the colors look so gorgeous. And everytime, I kick myself when I get home because at least one side of the duos (don't know about the trios) has poor color payoff for me. The only one I use with any regularity is MiLady, and only the red side at that. I find the purple to be pretty inferior.

Anyone who does love/use them regularly, do you have any tips and tricks that might help me use the ones I have collecting dust? I generally use a 239 to apply, along with a base, usually a paint pot.

MACLovin

I don't have experience with any of the older ones, only the newer duos that came out with Electroflash. In my experience, to get the best color payoff, you have to use a good base of course (probably the stickier the better).. then I spray the brush lightly with Fix+ and pick up the e/s.. Tap off excess to reduce fallout, and apply it by gently patting it on the lid instead of swiping.
smiles.gif

MzEmo

i actually feel the same way about mes. that is why im not going to buy any from red she said collection.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzEmo
i actually feel the same way about mes. that is why im not going to buy any from red she said collection.

Same here! I was dumb enough to buy them from a couple of different collections, but no more. They're ok, but I just prefer the regular eyeshadows and I do NOT see what all the hype is about.

ohnna-lee

I'm just worried about the mica irritating my eyes. I have really sensitive eyes. Is the new formulations for the Red She Said collection different? This is what I am waiting for...

I guess using the Fix + would tend to keep the mica from migrating.

I really am interested in the MES trios, as I was in the duos but passed them up for fear of buying products that would see no love.

Misstink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnna-lee
I'm just worried about the mica irritating my eyes. I have really sensitive eyes. Is the new formulations for the Red She Said collection different? This is what I am waiting for...

I guess using the Fix + would tend to keep the mica from migrating.

I really am interested in the MES trios, as I was in the duos but passed them up for fear of buying products that would see no love.

ok so this might be an ignornant statment, but does the mineralized shadows have more mica then then regular shadows, and i thought that the mica is what holds the shadows to your skin?

aimee

i only have Sea & Sky MES and i looove it....it has great color payoff on me and almost no fallout
i have a mineralize eyeshadow in teal from another brand (make up studio) and i love it too

blindpassion

Hateee hate hate them. The ones that came out with Electroflash didnt seem as bad as the ones before that, but I still wasn't convinced. Im looking at Danger Zone this time around, I might get it.
I have mercurial from a year ago, and I hate it. Its a terrible e/s imho.

Shadowy Lady

I hate the MES, I seriousely will buy no more of these. I tried with 2 collections already. I know that they may work with Fix+ and all that, I just don't want to go through all that. I'll stick to regular MAC e/s and pigments.

btw, I have some baked mineralized e/s from Pupa and they're excellent. I don't get any glitter fallout and they do not crease on me.

MACLovin

I don't have an issue with them. even without Fix+ they don't really give me any more fallout than any other eyeshadow or pigment..
th_dunno.gif

I guess it's all up to preference and/or the applicant..
yes.gif
Because I
heart.gif
fresh green mix.

Heiaken

I love Fresh Green Mix too
heart.gif
I also have Sea & Sky and Earthly Riches and don't have a problem with the fallout more than wiht any other shadows. I mostly use them dry, very rarely wet.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
use them with fix+ and you will forever regret your hate for them!

iagree.gif

Cocoa_love

I use the Milady purple a lot with other purples and nocturnal in my crease. I put on UDPP AND a PP when I use the lighter e/s. I also use pigments with it...so i guess you could say I use use it to build up a look. YK? I love the sparkle they have and how they can add to a look. (IMO)