Anyone else have really bad undereye circles?

deathcabber

What is your strategy?

I am really down about mine lately. They are genetic...and I see my mother and grandmother and think "this is what I have to look forward to?".

Anyways, for a few years Ive been using Coverblend products because everything else I have tried makes people ask if I am tired or sick
ssad.gif
Obviously they work pretty well, but I feel like lately they must be getting worse because people having been saying how tired I look again! I always hear Cle De Peau is great and I would love to try it but its so expensive!!!

Any ideas?

Beauty Mark

Are you more tired/getting less sleep? Certain behaviors, foods, and so on aggravate the dark circles under my eyes, so I avoid them.

deathcabber

Well, I mean I have been a little more tired on and off...but thats life. I always have spurts of that. I know that causes them to be more puffy which is the other half of the problem that I forgot to mention. They are dark and puffy! Lucky me.

Bernadette

I do and mine are also genetic. I used to get made fun of when I was a kid about them
ssad.gif

I'm currently using Laura Mercier Secret Concealer with Everday Minerals foundation over it. I have pretty good resutls with that but I too am always looking for something better.

Shawna

I have been using Make up for ever full cover concealor since the summer and I will never go without it now. I love it. I have genetic dark circles and super fair skintone. This stuff gets rid of them and is waterproof and doesn't fade or flake or crease. It is a miracle in a bottle for me. It is really expensive though, so if you have a counter near you, I would go and try it out to make sure it works. Good luck, I feel your pain
ssad.gif
Stupid dark circles.

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
I have been using Make up for ever full cover concealor since the summer and I will never go without it now. I love it. I have genetic dark circles and super fair skintone. This stuff gets rid of them and is waterproof and doesn't fade or flake or crease. It is a miracle in a bottle for me. It is really expensive though, so if you have a counter near you, I would go and try it out to make sure it works. Good luck, I feel your pain
ssad.gif
Stupid dark circles.

Thanks, I may need to check that out!

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I do and mine are also genetic. I used to get made fun of when I was a kid about them
ssad.gif

I'm currently using Laura Mercier Secret Concealer with Everday Minerals foundation over it. I have pretty good resutls with that but I too am always looking for something better.

Ive been wondering about LM for a while but never got around to trying it. I will have to look into it too!

meagannn

I have this problem. Omg... mine are bad too.

I bought MakeUpForEver's lift concealer and its nice... i have noticed it actually does the 'lift' action it says it does, and my puffyness goes away after i put it on ( and they have a perfect color match for me) It still settles in the fine lines around my eyes so thats a 'meh...' vote, but i can't find anything that doesn't. So... haha... anyway. i love my makeupforever concealer.

i wasn't wearing it for a while because i was on this bare-escentuals kick and thought that the BE alone on my under eye area was enough... not at all... after i started wearing actual liquid concealer, i noticed how much more 'rested' i looked. heh.

good luck!!!

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagannn
I have this problem. Omg... mine are bad too.

I bought MakeUpForEver's lift concealer and its nice... i have noticed it actually does the 'lift' action it says it does, and my puffyness goes away after i put it on ( and they have a perfect color match for me) It still settles in the fine lines around my eyes so thats a 'meh...' vote, but i can't find anything that doesn't. So... haha... anyway. i love my makeupforever concealer.

i wasn't wearing it for a while because i was on this bare-escentuals kick and thought that the BE alone on my under eye area was enough... not at all... after i started wearing actual liquid concealer, i noticed how much more 'rested' i looked. heh.

good luck!!!

Ok, Im adding this also to my list of things to check out! Thanks
greengrin.gif

Bernadette

I have to share this rave with you guys
cheerleader.gif
I just got Sunlight conealer from Everyday Minerals in the mail today and I've never had something cover my dark circles so well!
I'm so excited about this product. It's a really pale yellow so it might be too light for some skin colors.
I'm and NC15 in MAC and a Golden Fair in EM for reference.
You have to try this product!

Sonya Adams

I have bruised looking undereye circles (family trait). The only thing that I've found in YEARS of looking was Physician's Formula 101 Compact in yellow/light (and I'm really pale). It's a thicker cream formula and REALLY covers. It does it so well that I put it beneath my foundation, rather than over.

pixichik77

I use Bobbi Brown (it's one of the reasons I went to work there).I use both a corrector and a concealer, layering very lightly. I am olive, and most yellowy concealers make me look a little green. Bobbi correctors are peachy pink, and they work VERY well for me, then a little of the yellowy on top and I'm good to go. Sometimes my circles get so bad, I have to stick with just the pink ones, though.

ohsosparkly

oh I do! mine are totally genetic and look like big black streaks. I find that Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge or Secret Concealer work really well. Very creamy and great for people with yellow-tones in their skin. Anothr trick I found is that if I set it with Translucent powder it stays and doesn't settle into fine lines.

prinzessin784

Aside from concealer I use Clinique's All About Eyes. I put it on after my moisturizer, before my makep primer. It feels amazing and really helps reduce puffiness and darkness around my eyes, which can get really bad. Try it - it works great!

tinagrzela

I have bad bad bad black and dark yellow circles, and my miracle stuff is Clarins Instant Light Touch. I'm not a Clarins girls, but this stuff is my HG!!! It's a tad expensive ($30), but nothing works as good...

~Crystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I have to share this rave with you guys
cheerleader.gif
I just got Sunlight conealer from Everyday Minerals in the mail today and I've never had something cover my dark circles so well!
I'm so excited about this product. It's a really pale yellow so it might be too light for some skin colors.
I'm and NC15 in MAC and a Golden Fair in EM for reference.
You have to try this product!

I definately agree with Sunlight from EM! I got this as a sample from them, as well as their multi-tasking concealer! They're both pretty damn decent!
I actually took a photo to show this to someone a few days ago, so I'll post it up here. It seems the flash and the yellow lighting made my skin (and the results of the coverage) seem BETTER than they actually were.. but you can compare the dark undereye circle under my other eye since I only did half my face!
eafcf1fc.jpg

One half is concealed/foundationed plus new contact and falsies, while the other half is... bare =\
Please excuse the PJs
greengrin.gif

Edit: A better photo taken on the same day without flash, but with indoor room lighting:

eae9c751.jpg