Anyone else on a quest for the perfect foundation?

SnowWhiteQueen

I'm really getting frusterated with foundations. I've tried Mac's Select spf 15, Studio Fix Powder, Mineralize Satinfinish, and MSF Naturals and everything clogs my pores like crazy. I tried using prep and prime under this, but it didn't seem to help. I tried MUFE's duo mat powder foundation, and same thing. Am I just not suited to foundation? Or do other people have the same problems? Any recs for other Mac foundations or other high end brands? I prefer powder foundations with a matte look. Thanks lovelies!

me_jelly

I'd highly recommend Dior Fluid Foundation - I have very oily/acne prone skin that is also very sensitive and have been using it for the past 4 years with no problems at all...coverage is great and buildable and it doesn't clog my pores or trigger more breakouts - I also use mineral foundation from BE and have had no problems with it as well...good luck!

lotus

i'm currently using bare escentuals' foundation, been so for about 6 years. a lot of my makeup consists of BE, a majority of my collection is their eyeshadows, glimpses, glimmers and their liners. they're so versitile and easy to use, although it might get a little messy since they're in powder form. ok, getting off topic...back on subject. what i like about BE's foundation is that it won't clog your pores or cause more breakouts. studies show that it actually improves your skin! keep in mind that it doesn't work on everybody! it does take awhile to get used to using this foundation, but keep in mind that a little does go a long way. you also want to start off with a little on the brush and build from there. you should go to sephora and check out their color selection or purchase samples from ebay.

i know you said you're looking for a powder foundation, but i've heard good things about laura merciers tinted moisturizer. i'm planning on giving this a try. i don't need a heavy coverage and want something simple like a tinted moisturizer. maybe try going to sephora and asking for a sample?

User49

I've been frustrated with mac foundations recently too! I'm on a quest to find the perfect foundation. So far I have tried nw15 studio fix fluid foundation, nw20 hyper real fluid foundation and nw15 studio tech foundation. Ahhh! I find that even with prep and prime these do not last on the skin very long. After applying them in the morning at like 8:00 by lunch time (1:00) I need to reapply!
ssad.gif
I'd be keen on any suggestions. I have also tried Benefit Playsticks, Some Kinda Gorgeous and Non Fiction. Non fiction was HORRIBLE and made my skin orangey, some kinda gorgeous was alright, but not enough coverage and playsticks felt too heavy...

Kiseki

I'm wearing Chanel's Double Perfection Fluide and I'm loving the finish and the natural yet matte look I achieve when I wear it.

YvetteJeannine

Why don"t you try a Tinted Moisturiser?? If your skin isn"t really "in need" of full foundation TM is the way to go!! I love it!! I use Laura Mercier: Not only does it let your natural skin show thru (thus not looking too cakey or plasticy) but it also has an SPF in it (essential for these times)! TM is *the* perfect solution to the neverending foundation problem
smiles.gif

surfdiva

I love MAC for many things but like you, I never had any luck with their foundations. I've recently started using Laura Mercier's Oil-Free Tinted Foundation and I love it.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiicknSeskii
How about prescriptives custom blend?
You can have it exactly how you want it.

I can't say enough about Px Custom Blend.

sakura88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhiteQueen
Any recs for other Mac foundations or other high end brands? I prefer powder foundations with a matte look. Thanks lovelies!

Cle de Peau's powder foundations are really good and in my experience, last a long time. It's quite expensive though.

MisStarrlight

MUFE Matte Velvet....it's pretty much amazing, but I can't bring myself to pay the $ for it.

Your main issue could be that the powder is too dry for your skin. I'd say get a really good moisturizer and/or a liquid to smooth your skin & give coverage & then put the powder on w/ a brush (190 if you still need more coverage)....but if you don't really need a heavy foundation, I agree with everyone else-try a tinted moisturizer.

Taj

The search for perfect foundation is never easy, but I agree high-end products really give better results.
Sisley Phyto-Teint Perfect is highly recommended. I used it lightly when my skin conditions are good, and I do layering to get more coverage on other days.
If you are extremely oily, try their Phyto-Teint Eclat. Its totally oil free and gives your glowy and satin finish !

thenovice

I currently use BE, its the only thing I have ever used without many problems and have only recently been having problems with it. I have gotten a few breakouts lately caused from not washing it off every night. But, i used to never wash it off until morning- and never had a problem. So, we'll see. But, i also reccomend trying a Dior Fluid Foundation, i don't like fluid, but theirs worked very very nicely.