Anyone ever have problems with Feira coloring?

user3

I bought what should have been a lovely medium brown and came out more red. I thought it was just my hair acting up since I have not colored it in years. So I waited a week and picked up L’Oréal’s Superior Preference in a similar color. This time it turned out just fine. I really like the color.

The Feira seemed to be very drying to my hair. I had to do tons of treatments. Which REALLY pissed me off because my hair was in great shape. It took me a whole week to be it back to normal. The Feira also took more color at the root and it was a different color. Really strange because I had not colored my hair except for a few highlights I had but they were not even in that area.

The L’Oréal Superior Preference is so much better!!!

Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem with Feira?
or if I am just color dumb since it has been so many years.

ruby_soho

I don't really remember my experiences with Feria dyes, I've boxed dyed my hair so many brands they really dont stand out. A possible reason why the dye took more to your roots is because they're more fresh, as in the have been less damaged by blow drying, elements, whatever you do to it, so they're more poreous. I was told in cosmotology class, however, that Feria's dyes are the hardest to get out if trying to go lighter. Hope you like the new colour! I think it looks good on you.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
I don't really remember my experiences with Feria dyes, I've boxed dyed my hair so many brands they really dont stand out. A possible reason why the dye took more to your roots is because they're more fresh, as in the have been less damaged by blow drying, elements, whatever you do to it, so they're more poreous. I was told in cosmotology class, however, that Feria's dyes are the hardest to get out if trying to go lighter. Hope you like the new colour! I think it looks good on you.

Thanks hun!

Ya, know I totally forgot! I had my hair thermal reconditioned back in April or May! I bet that is why it was a different color. I don't blow dry hair often and that is the only heat source that ever gets close to my hair. So the TR must have been the reason!! Thanks!

Alexa

Feria is horrible. it totally killed my hair
ssad.gif

my favorites are either Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Hair Color, L'Oreal Preference Shine Extending Hair Color or L'Oreal Excellence Creme Hair Color
smiles.gif

Cruella

I loathe Feria. My hair turned reddish, even though the color was a cool brown. I've had decent luck with other L'Oreal dyes but Feria is icky.

kimmy

i've never used ferria myself, because my mom used it once and it totally effed her hair up. i've been using clairol ultress and i love it. it's cheap and gives rich colour and the conditioning treatment it comes with...omg. that stuff is AMAZING. my hair's never been so soft before haha. like a chinchilla.

Jennifer Mcfly

I used Feria a couple times and just wasn't impressed at all! My favorite is Garnier! They work so well and keep your hair so soft and shiny.

PrettyKitty

Quote:
The Feira also took more color at the root and it was a different color. Really strange because I had not colored my hair except for a few highlights I had but they were not even in that area.

That's because you have more heat near your scalp. Also, where it's more poreous (sp?), you need more red in it for the same result, because red doesn't stay well in poreous hair.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
That's because you have more heat near your scalp. Also, where it's more poreous (sp?), you need more red in it for the same result, because red doesn't stay well in poreous hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella
I loathe Feria. My hair turned reddish, even though the color was a cool brown. I've had decent luck with other L'Oreal dyes but Feria is icky.

Cruella that's exactly what it did to me!

I didn't even want the red at all. The color didn't even have any red which is odd. It's all ok now that I used the L'Oreal Preference.

I forgot the I get my hair Thermal Reconditioned once a year and by now I have some hair that is not TR. I asked my stylist about it and she said I should have used a brown base first for a darker color.
I don't really blow dry my hair. It's more like a wash and go look.
smiles.gif
So heat is not really the problem.

That darn Feira really sucked! It took 2 colorings to get the red out!

I was mainly worried because this was the first time in years that I had put color on my hair and it turned out really strange. I before I have dyed my hair all kinds of ways and never had a problem. My hair was bascially virgin hair again so I found it odd that it turned out the way it did. I found out from a gal that works at Sally's that Feira is one of the worst products out there for the hair. (yeah now she tells me) She said their store has even thought about pulling the product from the shelves!
I had never used that one before so I was just curious if anyone else had the same problem.

Thanks everyone! I now know to stay clear of that crap!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by productjunkie
It burned my scalp. Not cool. It hurt like a biatch

OUCH!!

princess_leah

That's the worst color to get out in my experience. I'm going back to the salon in 2 weeks for my third set of highlights. I'm doing the highlight method to get back to my natural color of medium blond from a Feira chocolate.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
No, I mean, the natural heat from your body!

Oh ...LOL
smiles.gif

jasper17

I used Feria a few times when it first came out and it ended up being one of the worst box colors I've ever used. The color was always never quite right and it faded fast plus left my hair dry and brittle.

JunkaLunk

I chose a dark purpilish brown, more purple tones...and it came out as dark red brown, no purple at all. Even though when I had the dye in my hair...it looked purple.. hmmmm? It looked pretty good to me though, Its just not what i expected and washed out really quick as well.
now i just get hair color from sallys, love it love it love it.

bellezzadolce

I use to color my hair often and after using Feria I'm now paranoid about it. Feria dried my hair so badly that it borke off and I had to cut it and start over. Now if I want color I fake it with extensions.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

I thought Feria was okay for my hair condition wise but after 2 weeks of coloring it faded really badly, I dyed to the brightest red an was so pale within 2-3 weeks so a few months later I did it the purple color an it did the same again. IT FADES LIKE CRAZY!!! I dunno, maybe it just my overdyed, over heated, overstyled hair
ssad.gif

canadiangirl_1117

Feria thrashed my hair to hell. I dyed it a dark red color over my *mostly* natural brown hair (my ends had old color, but they were going to be trimmed off anyway) and my hair turned ORANGE. Like, Carrottop, Bozo the Clown orange. After washing it a couple of times, my hair faded to this disgusting pumpkin color. It took 4!! dye jobs from the salon to fix it and I ended up having to cut off over 8 inches of hair. Baaaaaaaad stuff.