anyone ever pressed mineral eye colors?

pugmommy7

as in BE in the manner of MAC pigments? I would love to try this and wonder if anyone has done so successfully?
TIA,
Love,
Jennifer

pugmommy7

thanks
smiles.gif
i have some great ones but hate dealing with the fallout and woudl really like a more controlled situation.
I may just bite the bullet and try it with my least fave shade and let ya'll know.
off to home depot to get a c-clamp
winks.gif
wavey.gif

starseed

Yes - I pressed a BE "faux fox", which is just a regular eye shadow. It pressed ok but it does leave a little powdery residue on top after you swipe your brush. I also mixed the faux fox with BE foundation and other pigments and that worked, too (not so much powdery residue, tho)!

I've heard that the more shimmery BE ones do not press well.

Good luck!

glittergoddess27

I would imagine that would depend on how much talc they have in them,.. I know I have some True Colors pure mica shadows,.. they really don't press at all,.. But if yoy get pigments that contain talc they normally will press decently.

del

I pressed some Everyday Minerals shadows yesterday into an old revlon creme eyeshadow palette. They turned out really well!

em-shadows-solid.jpg

em-shadows-solid2.jpg

lsperry

I pressed some Everyday Minerals shadows yesterday into an old revlon creme eyeshadow palette. They turned out really well! QUOTE]

Yours look soooo pretty and professional!

Can you give us any details? Did you use alcohol? Did you add any other product? How long did they take to dry? Or did you speed up the drying time? Do they leave a powdery residue when you swipe them?

I'm interested in doing this, too.....

MiMaWa

I pressed both Twisted Fayte and Fyrinnae (BombShellBath) with regular rubbing alcohol but they were all fluffy and didn't stay i their pans. I then tried it with a few drops of Twisted Fyate's Jewel Gel (straight up dimethicone I think) and rubbing alcohol and they set up just perfectly. I only lost one color from being a little too hard to get any color off of. The color pay off from the other colors was 100% and I think they actually apply better to boot! Haven't tried it w/BE but I want to since I have so many dern samples and it is going to be a pain to lug that stuff around in my kit. Best of Luck!

~Michelle

MiMaWa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pumpkin
Is this what you used for the FYRINNAE pigments?
http://www.twistedfayte.com/brushesetc/mixingmediums.html

I want to press some, but I don't have that stuff.. Anyone else tried pressing Fyrinne pigs? HELP?

Thats the stuff. Maybe 4-5 drops per regular MAC sized e/s pan.

Also, I did try pressing some BE today. The glimmers and glimpses need the mixing medium (maybe its the mica?) but the 'eyeshadows' (mostly mattes) didn't need anything but alcohol. When I tried it both ways the one w/Jewel Gel set up waaaay too hard to use. Hope that Helps!