Anyone had laser skin resurfacing? Or a chemical peel?

girlsaidwhat

Hello ladies...

I've been seriously considering something along the lines of a chemical peel or laser resurfacing. I'd love to hear from some of you ladies who've already had either of these...can you tell me a bit about you (age range), what results you hoped for, and if you're pleased/not pleased with the results you got?

Thanks in advance!

mjacqueline

I hope this helps although I'm in asia.

I have been suffering sever adult acne and I have oily and acne prone skin. I have severe acne scars all over my face especially both my cheeks. They look red and I have pitted scars as well.

Anyway I have currently onto my fifth laser treatment session. They cost about $5oo SGD each session. I feel that its really worth it. Although my skin isn't flawless I can see marked improvement. My skin texture is alot smoother and the redness has toned down. Plus medication and the right products, my acne problem has subsided. I love putting on makeup now cos once i put foundation my skin looks really nice.

Its not that painful because the doctor puts numbing cream on my face before hand. I wait for about an hour and a half my face face to be numb and then after removal of the cream the doctor zaps me with the laser. Feels like a light snap of a rubber band on the face.

jilliandanica

My sister used to do accounting for a Derm in Beverly Hills so I used to go in to go in for Chemical Peels, Microresurfacing, etc.

Anyway, I'm 24 with Combo-Oily Skin and I get milias. The chemical peels were worth getting but patience is definitely key to reap the rewards. You peel for like 10 days. In the meantime you CANNOT moisturize your face and you definitely CANNOT peel your skin off yourself or exfoliate to speed up the process. After the 10 days though, my skin would look refreshed and more glowly. The milias would go away for months too!

With the microresurfacing, my skin felt like a baby's bottom. It not only sucked up dead skin but also oils and some blackheads, etc. So my skin was super clear and soft.