Anyone have an Amazon Kindle?

LMD84

i've not seen the amazing kindle in real life but i personally reccomend the sony e reader! plus you guys in america have just had released the one with a backlight built in so it's even easier to read!! with the sony reader you can use e book format, pdf, word documents and jpeg pictures. plus it stores mp3's so you can listen to music as you read! oh plus it had inbuilt memory but if you run out you can use a sd card or sony memory stick in it!

so yeah! check out the sony one! (and this has nothing to do with the fact i work for sony!)

Icecaramellatte

I have a kindle and i love it! I don't miss books at all. I read alot and my shelves are overfilled with books that i can't bear to throw out. To me, I don't want another book laying around that I'm not going to reread. If I bought alot of art books or something with pictures I would prefer a real book. I love being able to download a new book but not have more clutter. It's great to just throw in my purse when I will need something to read.
r

This is why I want one. I have too much stuff!! Also, I have to carry so much stuff for work each day that adding a book I want to read for pleasure is too much. I've wanted one for over a year now but the hefty price tag stopped me. I was going to get one after the holidays but my mom told me she ordered one for me for Christmas. Unfortunately, it is out of stock so it won't come until middle to end of February which is after my birthday and vacation! But I can't wait for it to come. The funny thing is I've never seen anyone with it before until today. I saw a young woman with one on the bus this morning but she disappeared in the crowd so I didn't really see it. She looked like she was in high school but maybe she was a college student.

kylieteng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissah
I have a kindle and i love it! I don't miss books at all. I read alot and my shelves are overfilled with books that i can't bear to throw out. To me, I don't want another book laying around that I'm not going to reread. If I bought alot of art books or something with pictures I would prefer a real book. I love being able to download a new book but not have more clutter. It's great to just throw in my purse when I will need something to read.

Bad points: not all things I read are avail for kindle. Although the selection is good, I read alot of books that aren't top bestsellers and they're not all available for kindle. My kindle doesn't fit securely in the pleather cover. I wouldn't dream of reading it in the tub. Sometimes I guess I accidentally hit a button (still not sure which one) and it takes me out of my current book and I sort of have to refind where I left off lol. I have no doubt that it is MY error though.
tongue9.png

A weird thing to say but one of the things I love about it is that I can read while eating. Unlike a paperback that wants to shut when I take my hands off it, it stays open. You can change the text size easily to make it smaller or larger. While the dimensions are larger than many paperbacks, it is thinner and takes up less space in my purse. You can bookmark spots in your book for later reference and look up unfamiliar words. It also remembers where you left off automatically. Downloaded books are cheaper too!

Re the price: My husband bought mine around August 08 I think. They had some sort of deal where if you accept the Amazon Visa you got a discount on the kindle. I want to say the discount was 75 to 100 dollars but I'm not sure on that. Keep an eye out for a similar deal and it's totally wor
th it.

Well analysis, downloaded books are good

Latest posts