Anyone heard of "Juicy"?

sigwing

http://www.juicy-cosmetics.com/juicy2/eyeshadow.htm

A year or 2 ago, I found these somehow and at that point they were only like $6 or $8 each, now they have pretty brazenly raised their price to $20 each!

This is not "Juicy Couture," but maybe they hope people will confuse it because they've also stolen shade names from other brands (Club, Old Skool, Gleam, a couple others in the e/s)

I did the "request catalog" numerous times & never received one, but ordered eyeshadows online and took forever, I even emailed them asking about them, but finally received them & they're ok...nothing to charge $20 for, esp when MAC is what, $14.50? Pretty amazing. None of them have a finish or effect of MAC eyeshadows, but they have a nice application. Nothing special AT ALL about the packaging.

I'm just wondering if I'm way off-base &/or missing something here??? I guess I wish them luck, they do have a few shades I like, the ones that remind me of my old MAC favorites Fake and Aria, which were re-released with the Raquel quads, but I'm just puzzled at the rest of it. Their Club is a greyish-bluish color which is fine, but it's not THE Club! They'd said in an email that they were preparing to be bought out by a chain or something, but I can't see how they'd be able to go farther using that name "Juicy," due to Juicy Couture, or some of the shade names they have now. But maybe that explains the inflated prices on everything all of a sudden?

sigwing

Lara, that's weird! They're just a mystery to me, especially now after I just clicked on their site and found they'd more than tripled the price of their e/s.