**anyone Here Ever Had A Lace Front Before**

anaaliyahfan03

has anyone ever had a lace front or wear them...if so how are they because i want to try one..share your experience..for other peeps..this is what they look like

4mjzfo0.jpg

p.s. thats beyonce

aziajs

Re: **********anyone Here Ever Had A Lace Front Before**********

I'd like to know too. I see Tyra and Beyonce wear them but they look so bad when you see close pictures of them I wonder how they look in real life.

Hilly

What is it used for?

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdirenzo
What is it used for?

It's a type of wig. It's preferred by alot of people because it imitates a natural hairline thus creating the illusion of real hair.

Hilly

oohhh thanks for the clarification!
smiles.gif

friend_of_MAC

I agree, they don't appear to look that great, maybe because we know what it is. When I see tyra on her show, I see how bad it looks on her sometimes because of the type of wig she wears and how it is blended onto her forehead; I see different colors sometimes. I'm not hating on Tyra, I admire her work, but these lace fronts need improvement. What do you think?
hmm.gif

Hilly

Before knowing what a lace front was, I always wondered what the deal with Tyra's roots were. I am not sure if I dont like it, but I definitely notice it everytime and think there's something up.

lipshock

I wouldn't suggest getting a lace front if you're going to be wearing it like a weave. I believe it's moreso marketed for people in the entertainment industry. I don't just mean celebrities and the like, but others involved with the theatre and etc. Not to mention, they are crazy expensive (they run an average of thousands of dollars -- as making lace front wigs is a painstakingly long process) and though it may look convenient they are time consuming when it comes to application (you have to glue the lace front to your forehead near the start of your hairline and then apply foundation over it to conceal the "line" of where the lace starts)... and, in my opinion, very easy to detect.

I am sure people have seen that picture of Beyonce singing where it looks like something is growing underneath her skin . . that is her lace front loosening and crinkling up. It is really just gross.

I don't believe lace fronts are very average consumer friendly. They are much better, and cheaper, options available to us than lace fronts.

P.S. - RuPaul, Diva Extradonaire, uses lace fronts when he is "performing" his cross dressing. That's how he can go from completely bald to extravagant hairstyles that don't appear to be the "traditional" and awfully fake wig.

anaaliyahfan03

well these people are famous and are all over tv..dont nobody know me..lol..they just seem like they can last a while other than sewed in hair so i thought i could give it a try..they are just expensive thats the only set back
ssad.gif

lipshock

shrugs.gif

Your choice. If you have the two thousand or more dollars to shell out for a lace front wig, then go for it. If you don't have that kind of money, there are much better alternatives out there. I, for one, love falls, but to each their own.

I don't believe lace fronts are anymore superior to the more traditional weaves. They are more convenient because you can just slip it on and off (wrong choice of word since you have to buy special glue to apply the wig and buy a special glue remover that doesn't harm to skin to take off the wig) whenever you feel like but other than that, I just don't see the point as to why anyone other than industry professionals would want them (other than patients of cancer treatments since I've read that's what they were initially created for). And if you have a sew-in or glued-in or braided-in weave done by a professional who is highly skilled and educated when it comes to hair extensions, yours could probably look nearly undetectable and just as natural.

anaaliyahfan03

oh my!..that must be a north thing cause here in houston..they are not thousands here..if they were..this thread would not be posted..lol..its a few hundred here..my hair is already long enough but its so humid here i was just wanting something different..dont prefered sewed..oh lord and dont let me get started on glued in..yuck!..those days are done..i might not even do it..just asking people if they ever had it done..and if i did it..i would do it with some sort of bangs cause i see how beyonce and tyra look.especially tyra..

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaaliyahfan03
.i would do it with some sort of bangs cause i see how beyonce and tyra look.especially tyra..

I LOL'D hard from reading that.

Have you considered getting the lock extensions? Toni Braxton had them, I believe. I think she also did the micro, micro, micro braided in extensions (I really want these done but god the time it takes and when you want to take them out -- oi vey). Even Great Lengths is really good for our hair.

jennzy

whoa! thats what it was? i thought she just had a really horrible makeup artist! because she has two completely diff colour from her face to hear hairlines!

MiCHiE

Are lacefronts even safe to keep in for extended periods, like a traditional weave? Now, I'm a cosmetologist, but lacefronts until Beyoncé made them "famous", were considered "costumes", not everyday wearable styles. Keep in mind, she has the glam squad to change them, if need be. I would think, just as people's grandmothers put their wigs on blocks at the end of the day, that lacefronts would have to be "retired" also.

anaaliyahfan03

michie: i have read that they are safe and u can wear them like regular extensions for a while..i gotta do more research

lipshock: i wore micro braids in the past and they broke my hair out..i got my hair back long from cornrows (im done with those too..they make me look like a boy) so i wouldnt consider those...eff it!..im gettin a human hair wig with bangs so people wont know its a wig
smiles.gif

SparklingWaves

I like to try wigs, but my hubby hates them. I put a wigglet in my hair to make a long pony tail. I thought I was smoking hot. So, I spun around and it flew off and hit him in the eye. He threw it on the ground and my dogs attacked it literally to death.:what:

user79

I don't understand why anyone would want to wear a wig on a daily basis...?

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I like to try wigs, but my hubby hates them. I put a wigglet in my hair to make a long pony tail. I thought I was smoking hot. So, I spun around and it flew off and hit him in the eye. He threw it on the ground and my dogs attacked it literally to death.:what:

Girl!! I think my heart stopped. That is the funniest thing I have read all day.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I don't understand why anyone would want to wear a wig on a daily basis...?

Alot of people do. It's hardly a novel idea. People do it for a lot of different reasons. My mother used to wear one everyday because her stylist caused her hair to fall out so she had to cut it down to about an inch and bought a wig. Some people just like to change up their look. The list of reasons goes on and on.