Anyone here in the UK been affected by the floods?

Lissa

I got stuck at home all weekend, we couldn't get out of the village. We all had to leave work early on Friday and I had to leave my car here, and go home in someone's 4x4. Bit of a scary drive home. It took forever to get in to work today as I tried 3 different ways but all were blocked by 'rivers' running through every village. My colleague is stuck at home still with the water level getting higher towards her house. Looks like it's going to peak tonight, but the Thames is going to burst its banks

girlstar

My boyfriend is in Oxfordshire and hasn't.. it didn't stop him from getting to work in Abingdon this morning.. much to his disdain! I'm moving over in less than three weeks.. and I sure hope it clears up by then!!!

Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlstar
My boyfriend is in Oxfordshire and hasn't.. it didn't stop him from getting to work in Abingdon this morning.. much to his disdain! I'm moving over in less than three weeks.. and I sure hope it clears up by then!!!

Hopefully it will! Some summer we're having over here. Abingdon has been pretty bad. Why these things have to happen over a weekend and then get better again by monday morning I wil never know
smiles.gif

PomPoko

ssad.gif
I'm in birmingham and we've been ok-ish (I live across the road from a park thats a notorious flood plane, but luckily just the park flooded, cos the council spent loads a few years ago trying to sort it, so the road is fine, but apparently some people have got flooded houses nearby)

I used to live in cheltenham, and still have friends there and they have no water! Like the water has been shut off! Poor them! and tewksbury looks awful i think thats meant to be the worst atm! I really hope it all gets better soon and everyone is ok! Eeek!

as_cute_as_pie

i live in the north east and the village I live in is so high up meaning we will never get flooded.
smiles.gif

this summer is so sad it was soo nice last year ! well as nice as it get here...

Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
this summer is so sad it was soo nice last year ! well as nice as it get here...

I know! Today was a nice day, but tomorrow and friday it's meant to rain yet again
ssad.gif

Which means more sandbags round here. I drove through Witney today to work and people's furniture and carpets are piled up outsde their houses, ruined. It's such a shame for them

Latest posts