Anyone knows how to create this type of braids???

Patricia

http://media.justjared.com/headlines...ale-french.jpg

http://www.hairstylestalk.com/images/french-braid.jpg

it's supposed to be called french braid but i'm not sure if that's the proper name

anyone know how to do them??? i really love that hairstyle
ssad.gif
been looking for youtube tutorials but they are not the same!

kimmy

my mom calls them fishtails...she used to make them in my hair all the time when i was a little kid. i heart them.

M.A.C. head.

Oooh pretty. They're called fish scales where I'm from.

They're pretty much the same is french braids, but you have to make more sections and you have to make them way smaller.

frocher

We called them Herringbones and Fishtails. It's similar to a French but you weave using two sections and grab the strands from underneath to pull into the sections.

liv

Yep, I've always heard them called "fishtails", which I especially loved when I was little because I was obsessed with mermaids and the like.

It's pretty easy, basically you separate your hair into two parts, and hopefully it's long enough for each part to drape over your shoulders. Then you grab a piece of hair (I like varying between smaller/bigger chunks) from the outermost part (this is the hair that will pull from your hairline at your forehead, and put it over the other shoulder to join with the other 1/2 of hair, then repeat on the other side, and so on. It takes forever for me because my hair is really long, but I love how it looks, and it's a bit less common than the french braid.

liv

also, like other braids, fishtails work best on 'dirty' hair, if my hair is just washed it doesn't like to hold very well. In my opinion, thick hair works the best also, since it can make your hair look stringy at the ends if your hair is thin.

xJUDYx

youtube has videos. try searching " how to do fishtail braids " or something along those lines.

i've tried..but failed because i couldnt keep it tight.