Anyone NOT wear mascara?

pigsy

i think i'm allergic to most mascaras because i've TRIED MANY and my eyes are always tearing up T_T plus it always tends to fake in my eyes and it just takes so long to remove....i wear contacts too..

i'm going to try blinc kiss me mascara LATER but--- i was wondering..to those who don't wear mascara, what do you wear for your eye make up?
weeping.gif

thanks!

MACtastic

I highly recommend the Blinc Kiss Me mascara for ya!! I recently switched from L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara to that one. I wear contacts myself, and I find that the Kiss Me doesn't flake
greengrin.gif
I start training for the SF AIDS marathon tomorrow, and I'm going to see if this stuff will last through my 1 mile run (not that I wear makeup regularly when exercising, its out of sheer curiosity haha)

Ella_

I tint my lashes and use a clear mascara. It doesnt seem to irritate my really sensative eyes...

josan

I do not have an allergy problem with mascara but I have light blonde lashes and strawberry blonde hair so most black mascara looks like death on me!I use Just for Redheads Naturelle mascara and that seems to work ,it is a very natural look though.It gives my lashes a little oomph but doesn't scream MASCARA!Eyelash tinting might work if you have allergic reactions though.

NeonDollParts

I have the same problem. My eyes just can't take even hypoallergenic mascara, so I usually just curl my lashes and use water to clear any eyeshadow that may have fallen onto them. I think I might try the blinc too. Hope it's worth it cuz I have like 10 mascaras that I just cannot use.

GalleyGirl

I don't, my eyelashes are the only nice thing I was born with, they are thick enough to not need it.

eastsidesunset

Mascara gives me sties like you wouldn't believe. It's disgusting. I just skip it all together, or use a little spoolie with a light dusting of translucent powder to pump them up a bit.

l1lvague

i, sometimes, forget... i know.. very stupid o_O but when i'm in a rush i forget. i never had thick lucious long eyelashes even after i curl and put on mascara so why bother but these days, after joinin this forum, ive put mascara on daily =) yay.

oh & to answer your question, i dont wear mascaras on school days [usually i forget] i just wear a neutral eyeshadow and eyeliner... if i dont have time i just wear black or dark brown eyeliner. it opens up my eyes. i try to line it closest to the lash line so my eyelashes look fuller or darker? hmmm am i makin sense? =]

addicted_2color

I don't wear mascara. Only because I tend to rub my eyes a lot. and when I do try, they just look all clumpy. Maybe I just haven't found a good one yet. i too also wear contacts. so when my eyes get dry, i put drops in and well you know how that can get messy, lol.

but for eye makeup, i just use lots of shadow and curl my lashes. and put on eyeliner.

linziP123

i think the best thing for you to do would be to get them dyed or tinted, it's not that expensive at salons! then use a good heated eyelash curler and you'll look like you've got mascara on and just think, you don't have to worry about smudging! have you tried clinique ones?

Suri

Am not allergic to mascara, but I don't normally wear it on weekdays or weekends at times because am too lazy and my eyelash already long enough.. So what I normally do is that I use dark color eyeliner or sometimes I use purple or navy eyeliners or green.. I use the jumbo eyeliner pencils from Sephora.

Hope that helps...

snowflakelashes

I use to not do eye makeup (we weren't allowed in high school a strict Coverup-Foundation only dress code) So I'd curl my lashes with an eye lash curlers. It made a world of difference made them go from looking invisible to long. Hope that helps some...

gigiopolis

I read this really interesting tip from a blog/magazine once - use Vaseline on your lashes! I tried that once, and while it didn't really add any volume/length/tint, it took away any powdery-ness left behind by eyeshadow and added a nice glossy look to the lashes. It's definitely something to try if you don't wear heavy makeup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
I read this really interesting tip from a blog/magazine once - use Vaseline on your lashes! I tried that once, and while it didn't really add any volume/length/tint, it took away any powdery-ness left behind by eyeshadow and added a nice glossy look to the lashes. It's definitely something to try if you don't wear heavy makeup.

Great tip!
I dont always wear mascara. My lashes are long and dark enough, they're dead straight so I just use the curler.

swaly

I wear mascara very very very very rarely, only if I'm using some kind of cream liner/very heavy shadow/grease or aqua paint that gets all over my lashes. Having neon or pastel eyelashes makes me look a little deranged so I put some black over it to add some definition. But it makes my eyes feel hella sticky and gross and I really avoid mascara like the plague if I can help it.