Anyone purchased from malibubarbieandfriends?

Sojourner

Hi Specktra!

I've only discovered this site recently so I think I may have been stung on eBay just now
ssad.gif
Thanks so much for all your help in trying to expose fake/bad sellers...some of us out there are clueless and overly trusting.

There is one purchase recently that I made from this seller malibubarbieandfriends about a month ago.

I didn't check the items thoroughly when I got them and I left positive feedback...but the other day I opened one of the glosses and it smells like rank plastic and the plastic neck wasn't perfectly clean.
Anyone else have any experiences with this seller?

TheCollector

Weird... I just came here to search for this seller. She sure has a lot for sale lately, and before I started bidding wanted to check her out. Thanks!

Anybody??

Sojourner

I actually saw someone mention this seller as being a bad seller in another thread but I can't find it again despite doing a search.

Anyone?
smiles.gif

MACATTAK

I'm pretty certain this seller has been mentioned as selling fakes before. I tried to search the name too, and can't find anything. I remember in the past (haven't looked up any items from this seller in a LONG time) this seller sold tons of the same things (same shadow colors over & over, etc), and that's never a good sign.

TheCollector

She sells lots and lots of the same 10-15 colors of eyeshadow. What did you buy from her that was fake?? How did you know??

I just won an eyeshadow set from her that I didn't realize was her's that I had bid on before writing here.... uh-oh..

juicy415

i did purchased a pigment from her a while ago, it was pink opal. at first i didnt know that it was fake but then like a month passed i bought pigments from mac online and i did comparison on how is the powder feels of course i did researches and ill tell you that the pink opal from malibu was chunky and if i use my other hand to wipe it, it comes off easily and the plastic that is on top is hard to open and when i open the cap it sounds different than the one i purchased from online. the other thing is that when i received i looked at the bottom of the pigment and i saw that the seller was trying to pill the name of? or did s/he took it from his/her original pink opal pigment off? so i decided to pill it off and it was easy.
but now i see her feedback and it grews possitively but idk if shes now selling aunthetic mac or fake...

TheCollector

I did receive the eyeshadows I bought from her.... from all outward appearances they seem authentic. Is the only way to know for sure is to depot them??
th_dunno.gif

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
I did receive the eyeshadows I bought from her.... from all outward appearances they seem authentic. Is the only way to know for sure is to depot them??
th_dunno.gif

Yes, I think you would have to depot them. If you happen to have an "authentic" one in the same color, you could also compare colors. There are differences color-wise.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy415
i did purchased a pigment from her a while ago, it was pink opal. at first i didnt know that it was fake but then like a month passed i bought pigments from mac online and i did comparison on how is the powder feels of course i did researches and ill tell you that the pink opal from malibu was chunky and if i use my other hand to wipe it, it comes off easily and the plastic that is on top is hard to open and when i open the cap it sounds different than the one i purchased from online. the other thing is that when i received i looked at the bottom of the pigment and i saw that the seller was trying to pill the name of? or did s/he took it from his/her original pink opal pigment off? so i decided to pill it off and it was easy.
but now i see her feedback and it grews possitively but idk if shes now selling aunthetic mac or fake...

Not sounding good.
ssad.gif
I know what you mean about the tops. I can't exactly describe it, but it does make a different sound when you open/close it (the fake pigments). It seems like it almost takes more time. Was there a shiny lid by any chance?

macluvermre

As already mentioned by macattack, I also remember seeing something about both fake and genuine MAC (sells both maybe?) from this seller. The biggest problem I see with her auctions are that the same identical colors appear over and over AND has anyone ever noticed how every single picture is blurry and not in focus, so you cannot really see what you are buying. Ask the seller for photos of items/barcodes/etc and she if s/he will provide them .
shrugs.gif

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Not sounding good.
ssad.gif
I know what you mean about the tops. I can't exactly describe it, but it does make a different sound when you open/close it (the fake pigments). It seems like it almost takes more time. Was there a shiny lid by any chance?

Is it like a squeaky-screwing kinda noise?

MACATTAK

Yes, and I've only noticed that with fake pigments. Like the jar isn't made as well or something.
yes.gif

juicy415

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Not sounding good.
ssad.gif

no it doesnt have a shiny lid, the plastic thingy hard to open. and like i said before the bottom sticker, she tried to pills it off, or she pills her authentic one.

but today i did some work =D

LEFT=FAKE PINK OPAL RIGHT=AUTHENTIC LOVELY LILY

Picture021-1.jpg

Picture030-1.jpg

Picture031-1.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture035.jpg

asfafs-1.jpg

Picture040.jpg

TheCollector

Wow, thanks for the hard work!
thmbup.gif

I have a question... I've been studying all these threads, and does anyone know what the "official MAC standard" is on all these? I was just wondering if anyone has published that anywhere on here I could read??

Thanks!
drools.gif

Vixxan

malibubarbieandfriends sold me a fake Genuine orange pigment. The lid is very shiny and it's the wrong color.

rocksteadybaby

Omg! I just purchased 2 eyeshadows from this seller!! And I think the ones I bought from her are fake. To the naked eye they look real but when I compared the box/pot to my Authentic ones that I purchased at the Mac counter you can see the difference. Sucks! because I already left positive feedback for her. Can I still file a claim with Paypal to get my money back? I am so glad I found you gals I knew something wasn't right about these...

rocksteadybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
Yes you can still file a Paypal claim despite having left positive feedback (I did this...issue is yet to be resolved though)...try to retract your feedback, I plan on doing this

Not sure what you have to do in the case where you are doubting the authenticity of the item, eBay might ask you to get proof/letter from MAC before they give you a refund...not sure

Whatever you do, don't let her get away with it...it's time these thieves be stopped and we should unite to bring them down!

Yeah!!! I am planning on filing a claim I am going to email her to see what she says. Hopefully she will just refund the money back before I have to file a claim. We really need to stop these sellers from selling fakes to us
angry.gif
angry.gif
...I will keep you guys posted with her response.