Anyone regret leaving MAC?

miss_supra

I do, I really regret it, and it has been so hard trying to get back even as a freelancer.

I moved down because of my boyfriend whom I moved in with. I couldn't transfer as I have a specific date I needed to move down here so I took a position down here outside of MAC, but now 7 months after leaving I truly regret it. I feel like I am missing a part of me.

Anyone else feel like this?

aninhabr85

So sorry to hear that =(
When you left them did you leave in good terms... sort of trying to keep the doors open?
Just don't give up... Remember you got the job once and staying positive is the best thing! You are great inspiration for everyone else around here....

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninhabr85
So sorry to hear that =(
When you left them did you leave in good terms... sort of trying to keep the doors open?
Just don't give up... Remember you got the job once and staying positive is the best thing! You are great inspiration for everyone else around here....

I left on really good terms. My previous manager is writing me a letter of recommendation this week so I can use it.

nursee81

^ where you able to get a job with MAC again? I just got a job with them and even though I haven't officially started I feel real good about getting the job.

Chrystia

I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd answer since it is so relevant to me right now. I left MAC about a year ago and I do miss it terribly. I still have all my MAC jewelry and books from update by my makeup counter in my room. I'm still proud that I was hired there.

I left on good terms, but they said I had to re audition to be a freelancer. Then never called me back when I inquired about when I could audition. I was hurt by that so I decided to take a break from MAC for a while.

Lately though I've been dying to get back into the make up world, so I'm sending in applications to MAC and a few other brands. So hopefully I'll be back soon!

ThaHigher

There are some things about leaving I regret..but not much. Mostly the discount and gratis....the initial comraderie with other MUA's...but outside of that, i left because of of the direction my life was taking, and, I'd simply out grown the company. I realized that the serious artists that were with the company were all there for the same reason that I was. Who doesn't want to be a Senior Artist? Who doesn't want to be a trainer? At the end of the day I realized that particular competition is not for me. Everything I had to go through to come to that realization was more than enough. I'm an artist who wants what I want on my own terms. I'd rather struggle to get what i really want, than half of what somebody else wants to give me.
i miss the satisfaction of achieving and surpassing my goals and motivating my team...I hope they miss that about me, too. But they might not. i'm sure they got someone who they could pay less but won't work half as hard. What I got by leaving was this: more time to focus on achieving my personal goals, time to be able to work to achieve them. Time to focus on my family, on my child. I figured, if I'm gonna work hard with absolutely no benefit (or benefits) I might as well have control of my life. So I stepped down to freelance. It's been almost a year.In this year I've been wooed to come back into management, and been let down and disappointed. And I'm glad because I've gotten a taste of what I really want, and as hard as it's gonna be for me to become an established freelance artist, it'll be a lot more worthwhile.