Anyone using MUFE HD Microfinish Powder?

westindiesangel

I was thinking about using this to set foundation or to control oil on days I don't feel like wearing makeup. However, I'm wondering if this will make me look pale or ghostly?? They say it's completely translucent but I've read a few people on Makeup Alley say it made them look ghostly/ashy so I'm wary!

LRMakeup

I *love* MUFE HD powder. I have never had a problem with it looking ashy or grey on any skin tone. I just used it on a model from Sudan, and it looked totally natural.

I have noticed that if I use too much, it will start to look white, but it is so fine that you really only need a tiny tiny amount.

HeavenLeiBlu

Yes, and I like it. Warning, do NOT be fooled into thinking that the coastal scents powder and the MUFE one work the same. It pains me to have to choose a more expensive item, but it is worth it. The key is using with very lightly.

iaisha26

Such a great product! I love it. A little goes a long way or you will look ghostly, I was there with my first application.

moonlit

I dont like this powder.It made me look white.. I used little and I realised it changed the colour of my foundation

__nini

II put it on about a minute after my foundation is put on, so I'm still a little dewy. Waiting until everything is dried up and dousing your face with too much is probably what gives the ghostly effect. Either way, Fix+ right after and that should rid you of the excess powder and set everything.

Vixxan

I'm having the ghost look problem too. I don't think I'm applying too much. I think that the powder sticks to my skin as soon as I apply it making it really hard to blend. I would really like to get this too work for me.

xphoenix06

I really like using this powder, it's great for oil control, and blurrs out small imperfections. I do however like some have said noticed that it does leave a white cast when pictures are taken of me, probabley because I used too much. I feel a little go on a long way, just swirl a little onto your brush than tap any excess powder off into the cap and than buff away. If you live by a sephora, ask a MUA for a sample if you're planning to buy the powder for sure.

blazeno.8

I
heart.gif
this powder.

urbanD0LL

i bought it yesterday and its so not all that , esp for 32.00 . i find it's actually white , not translucent . i didn't see what it does for my face , i thought it would have like micro reflects thingys (LOL) in it to make me glow at least , but nada .

MaskedBeauty

I got it as a bonus Beauty Insider sample from Sephora but sad to say, I STILL haven't tried it and I think I received it about a few months ago. I just kinda forgot about it. lol. I'll have to try it and see what happens.

Nepenthe

In my experience, as long as I use it with a light hand and actually buff it in (versus just dusting it on) it's fine.

I apply to my t-zone first, buff in and then use whatever is left on the brush on the rest of the face. HTH

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe
In my experience, as long as I use it with a light hand and actually buff it in (versus just dusting it on) it's fine.

I apply to my t-zone first, buff in and then use whatever is left on the brush on the rest of the face. HTH

I used my 109 and buffed it in and it worked perfectly. Even when it looks like there is very little powder in the brush there is actually a lot of powder in brush. Thanks

elongreach

I like it. I have really oily skin so I try to do everything in my power to keep the shine down before I even leave the house. So I use all kinds of powders. This is a good one, but I've been using my invisible set more often lately. But for 30 bucks, I try to use it as often as possible.

kittykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornsgirl
I believe if you use just the right amount (I tap twice into the cap) with a brush like Mac 150, it will look perfect.

That's what I'm doing too. I've been using this powder since February and I love it. It's my HG.

Nepenthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
I used my 109 and buffed it in and it worked perfectly. Even when it looks like there is very little powder in the brush there is actually a lot of powder in brush. Thanks

That's great, I'm glad to hear that it ended up working for you.
smiles.gif

urbanD0LL

i feel so wack , everybody loves it and i really don't , i'll get a sample and see if i could make it work .

Nepenthe

Samples are a good thing at that price point, if you don't love.

At the end of the day though, I wouldn't stress it.. not every product is for everyone.