Anyone work @ mu counter in Nordstom?

aleksis210

So, I've heard that your discount depends on how much you sell, and it ranges from 10-30% but is that just retail? I thought MU counters had a set discount for their employees no matter what department store it is...Can someone help me out?
th_dunno.gif

glamdoll

Yeah the discount is set to pretty much 20% in store. The thing though is that you do have to open a credit card with the store to receive it. If you refuse to open one, you forfeit the discount. On holidays they might raise it to 30% for one week. But other than that its a set one.

HTH

Sass E

I work at Nordstroms as well and we are not required to open a credit card to get our employee discount. It's not pushed on us at all. We are actually encouraged to pay with cash, debit card or a Nordstrom MOD card to get purchase points towards Norstrom Notes.
You get a 20% discount in the store and I believe you get 40% off twice year when it's announced. You also get 20% off at the Rack. I don't remember if you get 20% off at Last Chance stores.
HTH.

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass E
I work at Nordstroms as well and we are not required to open a credit card to get our employee discount. It's not pushed on us at all. We are actually encouraged to pay with cash, debit card or a Nordstrom MOD card to get purchase points towards Norstrom Notes.
You get a 20% discount in the store and I believe you get 40% off twice year when it's announced. You also get 20% off at the Rack. I don't remember if you get 20% off at Last Chance stores.
HTH.

I've never been an employee of Nordstrom, but I know that for Macy's everyone (except MAC employees) are required to open credit accounts.

HTH

ohnna-lee

If you become a pacesetter you get a 33% off discount. I don't know how hard it is to do in cosmetics though. I think as a regular worker you get a house 20%. As far as working a MAC counter it may be totally different, I heard sometimes MAC is it's own entity and they do things different from the Nordstrom guideline. Best way to find out for sure is to call.

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeupChiKiiTa
hey i work at nordies . they dont make u open a credit card. you get the 20 percent once you start working there !

This is correct.