Application tips for loose mineral concealer?

lil_kismet

I rarely use concealer, but occasionally I'll get one or two huge red pimples out of nowhere that I always have trouble concealing. Also, when I do use mineral concealer, I can't seem to get it to last very long on my face. What are some effective techniques for good coverage and lasting power of mineral concealers? Do you apply it under or over foundation? For those of you who prefer to apply it on top of foundation, how do you buff it out so that it not only blends in with the shade of your foundation, but also conceals well?

DirtyHarriet

only thing i can think of is to moisturize/prime the area first. i love love love dermalogica barrier repair on top of a good moisturizer (which changes depending on season) for this purpose.

also, avoid putting too much on at once so you don't form a yucky cake...try putting on a little bit of concealer, then your mineral foundation, then some more concealer if you need it. and buff buff buff...

HTH!
smiles.gif

widdershins

Also I find that if I apply the concealer wet, it gives me better coverage and lasts longer. I usually put my concealer on first and then the foundation on top because it looks less obvious.

mar8613

Most of the time I put it on under my foundation. I find that doing it this way help it to blend more. I use everyday minerals and their concealer lasts all day for me. I have oily skin.

babyjazy21

The way i apply my mineral foundation is first i prime my face. I always put my concealer on first so it can blend in with the foundation.Then i apply some fix+ to my brush so it will make the foundation go on more natural. I love fix+ its great for loose powders.
winks.gif