Application

Krystle

Do you do your makeup standing up or sitting down?

I am always standing up, but I picked out the colors I wanted to use today and and did them on my chaise and I found it so much more enjoyable
smiles.gif

Alison

I do mine standing up in my bathroom mirror. I have done it sitting down crosslegged at a full lengh mirror.

glittergoddess27

I sit in front of my mirror with somewhere to brace my elbows,.. makes it easier to get that fluidline on in the cat's eyes. If not I tend to be uneven.

Shoe Crazy

I do it standing up in my bathroom when I'm in a rush to get to work but normally when i'm not in a rush i sit down n front of the mirror and do it.

littlemakeupboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulxdisaster
I do it indian style. lol that's what they called it in Grade 1, as in like, sitting down with my legs crossed.

hahahha i do the same thing i can't do it unless im actually holding the mirror its weird

jasper17

Usually, I do it sitting @ my desk because there's good light but it we're going out, it's standing and in the big mirror in the bathroom.

medvssa

Hmh, standing, I need to be so near the magnifying mirror of my bathrom, I have this probably from fighting with my eyebrows everyday hahaha.

But I should try sitting one day, should be better.

tres_gatos

Bathroom, with "full spectrum" lighting (doesn't really matter), and I also brace my elbows on the wall/mirror when I apply mascara and liner.
smiles.gif

mspixieears

I finished reading this fantastic book - double biography called War Paint by Lindy Woodhead, about Helena Rubinstein and Elizabeth Arden, and their rivalry, and Rubinstein highly recommends that makeup be applied in a room that has as much natural light coming in as possible.

So I try to do that, especially as different lighting can make you put on really inappropriate colours for daytime!

So why is it that makeup counters/stores all have that bloody spotlight lighting?! In regards to purchasing foundation, how is it going to help??

I'm currently looking for my first foundation ever and in such harsh lighting, what I thought looked ok looked way over-applied, when I got home. Ugh, you should have seen the NARS Laguna bronzer...outdoors I felt ridiculous.

So I sometimes use bathroom, sometimes bedroom. I have a skylight in my bedroom and sitting directly underneath applying makeup is great lighting-wise.

Demosthenes

I do it standing, in front of a long mirror, in front of my makeup closet. I should sit though, now that everyone's mentioned it.

RRRose

I do it standing in front of my medicine bathroom mirror. I open it and angle it so I can get a lot of natural light. I've tried sitting down, but I took so long that my legs fell asleep =(

breathless

i have a couch in my room in front of a mirror on the wall. i sit on the back of the couch and look into the mirror. but, thats annoying. sometimes i feel like i'm falling. lol.
but, 99.99% of the time, i stand up in the bathroom and lean over the counter. i guess thats better. lol.