applied for my local Nordstrom. any tips will be appreciated

pinki3

i applied for my local nordstrom last night for the beauty/cosmetic sales section. I want to tell the manager that i want to work specificly at MAC if i ever get an interview. im planning to work as a part time job. hope they contact me soon. any tips for me? thanks everyone!

FacesbyNiki

Good luck!

I work for MAC at Nordstrom but I didn't go through Nordstrom. So I don't know if it's different. I do know that MAC usually brings in their own people. Like with me, I interviewed with MAC and was sent to Nordstroms to interview.

tarteheart

Let them know about your enthusiasm for the brand. Know all of the reasons why MAC is special, and mention them when they ask why you want to work for MAC: MAC AIDS Fund, Viva Glam, Back 2 MAC, cruelty-free beauty, and the motto (all races, all sexes, all ages).

MACmavenNYC

Applying at Nordstrom

At Nordstrom you don't work for MAC, you work for Nordstrom. You may be considered a MAC employee through MAC, but at Nordstrom you are considered theirs. You only represent MAC in their eyes. Although you will probably be interviewed by someone from MAC along the way, the people who you will go through first are the people at Nordstrom. And if they don't like you... then you won't even get past them.

I would make it ultimately clear that you are passionate about cosmetics and that you care about Nordstrom, too. Don't let them have a reason to not hire you. Because saying that you only care about the vendor is a good reason for them to skip out on you.

I don't know how it has been with people sent from MAC to Nordstrom, but I know if you yourself are personally going to Nordstrom looking for a position with MAC, you are reviewed by them for a cosmetic position - no frills, and then how they feel about you determines where you will be placed in the department.

I went in there interviewing for MAC, and then was throw into Smashbox. Trust me, coming from someone who works for Nordstrom, make it clear that you care for Nordstrom as well. They're big on devotion.

Goodluck!