Applying Blacktrack fluidline????

hundove

I finally received blacktrack fluidline and I have no idea how to apply it!
It states that it is a gel...are all fluidlines gels or isthere a gel-based kind and another kind?
Well, I found that it gets erased very easily from the waterline since it is gel based (and slippery). It also wore off after a few hours and doesn't have good lasting power. It also got on my contacts and I got a black spot on it and had to wipe it and reapply my contacts.
How do you actually apply it? Do you dip the eyeliner brush inside it (and make a hole), or swipeyour brush sideways in it, or what?
And the eyeliner brush poked my eyes and I couldn't make a line in it at all. How in the world do you use this kind of eyeliner??? How do you draw a line in it, or apply it to the waterliner of your eyes? Can it be used as a shadow?
I've never used gel liners...only pencil liners and liquid liners that have their own applicators.
Any help is appreciated.

maxcat

You use it with either an angle brush or a flat brush to glide it over your top lid or nudge it under your bottom lid - and it absolutely isn't for the waterline - MAC only recc's khol liner for that right now - the new Technacolor waterpoof liners coming out are good to use, too.
How did you get it? Did you get it from the MAC online store?

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
You use it with either an angle brush or a flat brush to glide it over your top lid or nudge it under your bottom lid - and it absolutely isn't for the waterline - MAC only recc's khol liner for that right now - the new Technacolor waterpoof liners coming out are good to use, too.

Yup! what she said!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

Katura

eek! I'm a rule breaker...

I use blacktrack on my water line...and it stays on throughout the day, ...odd? maybe my eyes are dry or soemthing...but, like the others have agreed upon, an angled brush works well...

I know how odd it is to use a gel liner like that after using pencils/liquid for so long...but nowI wont use anything else!

hundove

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat

Thank you, Maxcat. I ordered it from Macys.com

meller

I use it with my #266 brush..I actually just tapit along my lash line rather than 1 full swipe, it is easier to do in about 3 seperate little swipes/taps..Just look kinda down when doing it and tap it right into your lashline...It'll set after about a minute, the Liquidlast liners are really waterproof- try those for that:O)

HTH

Mel

moonrevel

I've always been liquid and gel eyeliner challenged, but I've had the best luck getting a good, even line with Blacktrack with a pointy brush (for my lid I use the 311 lipliner brush or this Sephora brush that is just like the discontinued 210 eyeliner brush). I just swipe a couple of times across the surface of the fluidline and then try to get it on my lid in one stroke, but usually I end up doing two strokes. If angled or flat brushes are giving you trouble, you could try a pointier brush instead.

as_cute_as_pie

i couldnt use a angle brush along the top above my lash line i found it really difficult and kept gettin funny shaped lines so switched to a art brush like the 209 but longer i also use this for my waterline and it works perfectly
smiles.gif

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundove
Thank you, Maxcat. I ordered it from Macys.com

You're welcome! But if it's not working for you and your primary reason for getting it was a "won't budge" liner for your waterline, you might want to call them about exchanging it for a black TechnoKohl. It doesn't budge. Also if you go that way, put your contact lenses in second - one gal got it on her contact lens and it wouldn't come off.

joraye

TechnoKohl won't budge eh? If that's the case (cause I love lining my waterline) I will have to get that.

One question - isn't TechnoKohl the one thats coming out with TechnoColor? I would assume so, but thought there might be "another" TechnoKohl.

scrapbookromance

technakhol comes out with technacolor, as far as I know.

as for the fluidline, I use the 208 angled brush. I just dab it into my blitz & glitz (blacktrack I think is a little firmer, so sweet it across a bit) and then in little strokes line my waterline. kinda pull my lower lid down a bit, give it a second so its not wet, put it on, wait a second, then blink because my eyes usually water from being open so much.

don't wear contacts so I can't help you there. maybe try putting them on after lining but before e/s?

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraye
TechnoKohl won't budge eh? If that's the case (cause I love lining my waterline) I will have to get that.

One question - isn't TechnoKohl the one thats coming out with TechnoColor? I would assume so, but thought there might be "another" TechnoKohl.

Yep, that's the one. Saw it "endurance tested" by a trainer for a full day. It's all dependent on your skin makeup and what's going on on your waterline (and how much you touch your face, etc etc) but yeah. Never seen anything like it. And MAC - unlike the other waterproof liners - apparently has tested it for waterlining this time (though I used a power point for evvvvah and didn't go blind...)